WASH Coordinator National Contract: (Akobo West – Walgak)
WASH Coordinator will be responsible for key component in Akobo SCI Operational areas. Will have overall responsibility for delivery of quality WASH interventions both emergency and none emergency situations of the response. He/she will work closely with the clinical team of Health, Nutrition and CP staff and ensure that WASH interventions are integrated into the response. The WASH Coordinator is supervised by and reports to the Program Manager and is responsible for the management of WASH activities in health facilities, nutrition sites, Child Friendly Spaces. Lead on WASH interventions for BHA in Akobo, to improve access to WASH services and prevent disease outbreaks and malnutrition. Ensure CBDs and CNVs and protection staff are trained, and resourced to provide health awareness and RCCE in the SC targeted catchment areas. Support CBDs, facility staff, and nutrition volunteers with training and resources on WASH’em COVID-19 adapted approaches
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree/ Diploma in WASH related stusies (public health, water and sanitation, engineering, environmental health
- At least two years of work experience in design and implementation of WASH interventions in emergency context
- Strong community mobilization skills and experience of working in a rural setting.
- Excellent management and personnel skills to enable the motivation, encouragement and participation of members
- Ability and flexibility to understand the cultural and political environment and to work well with state and county government in Southern Sudan
- Ability to assess evolving emergency health needs quickly and calmly and work under pressure of tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, with good spoken and written English and experience in report writing
- Previous experience working within Jonglei in Southern Sudan
- Knowledge of locally spoken languages will be an added advantage
Contract Duration: One Year
Location: South Sudan, Juba Office with regular field Travel.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://southsudan.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
- Job City Akobo West