Guided by Senior Engineer, WASH Engagement & Liaison Officer, will support community level activities such as engagement and social asset mapping meetings, training of WSCs & monitoring of their functionality, training of water boards and working closely with the District and sub county officials. He/she will also ensure WSC continue to function and collects water user fees and mobilize them to sign up contract with HPMA(ASP) on yearly basis. He/she will also work with Sub county health assistants and Assistant district water officer to ensure water safety plan is developed at sub county and that water quality testing and analysis is conducted on a quarterly basis. He will also support the convening of water boards quarterly meetings and share timely report s on Board performance and ASP performance. The staff will also ensure that all Apolou purposes and other WASH related work is fully integrated. In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
* A bachelor’s qualification in a discipline related to public health, social sciences, development studies or law. Experience could substitute for a formal qualification, but not vice versa.
* At least 3+ years of direct experience in integrated WASH programming, (preferably in a community setting in Karamoja sub region).
* Implementation of Community based management plus model using HPMAs/UA/POs as Area service providers
* Experience in Building capacity of water boards and water service providers
* WASH professional with experience in Water quality surveillance, Community Led Total Sanitation, WASH marketing, or community health work and ability to ride a motorcycle
* Strong communication and coordination skills.
* Demonstrated ability to work in a complex, multi-intervention health development program in collaboration with national health ministries and international partners.
* Demonstrated experience managing staff and budgets across a large geographic area
* Specific experience in Software and hardware activities. CLTS, sanitation marketing, Water quality testing
* Prior experience working in Karamoja sub-region highly desired.
* Prior experience working with USAID funded projects highly desired.
* Prior experience working with HPMAs, district local government and water service committees
* Willingness to be based in the Karamoja sub-region, with frequent travel to communities.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to work effectively with a diverse team of staff HQ and field based partners and counterparts.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
* No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
* All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
* Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Application closes on 9th July 2020 at midnight Uganda time.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent, persons with disabilities and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
- Job City Kampala