Social Impact (SI) is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
In Nigeria, SI supports Navanti to implement the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Support Activity which provides comprehensive MEL and Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) support to strengthen USAID/Nigeria’s results for increased learning and accountability and contribute to implementation of its Country Development Cooperation Strategy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: WASH Institutional Development Specialist, WASH Evaluation, Nigeria
- USAID/Nigeria has engaged the MEL Support Activity to conduct an external final performance evaluation of a Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH) Activity.
- This Activity focuses on reforming State Water Board (SWB) governance toward cost-recovery, increasing investment in infrastructure, and expanding access to water and sanitation to large unserved and underserved populations.
- The primary purpose of this final performance evaluation is to determine whether the assistance achieved the stated development objectives, and to understand the lessons learned from this particular Activity in Nigeria, taking into account the findings, recommendations of the mid-term performance evaluation and the subsequent de-scoping of the Activity. It is intended to provide an independent examination of the overall progress and accomplishments of the Activity.
- The estimated start date will be October 4, 2021 through January 2022. The estimated LOE will be 46 days.
- SI is seeking a WASH Institutional Development Specialist who will provide technical support to the evaluation team. The WASH Institutional Development Specialist will be working alongside three team members: Team Leader, WASH Governance Specialist, and Evaluation Specialist.
- Perform desk review and identify additional information required for analysis.
- Provide technical expertise on construction quality and support the Team Leader’s efforts in evaluation design, methodology, and data collection instruments.
- Schedule and interview key stakeholders and beneficiaries.
- Provide ongoing analysis of qualitative and quantitative data.
- Support the preparation and presentation of the key findings and recommendations to USAID/Nigeria.
- Write assigned sections of the draft evaluation report in coordination with the team members, taking into consideration feedback from the preliminary findings presentation.
- Work collaboratively with team members throughout design, implementation, analysis, and report writing to complement each other’s areas of expertise.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of professional experience in the implementation of large and complex water and sanitation development projects including WASH, social behavior change, governance, and/or institutional development.
- An advanced Graduate Degree in a relevant field: Engineering, Public / Global Health, Water Resources, Sanitation, or allied fields.
- International work experience in developing countries required; work in Nigeria desired.
- Must be able to conduct interviews and focus group discussion and analyze the resulting data.
- Must have excellent writing and communication skills.
- Job City Nigeria