Assume primary responsibility for project management and implementation, and ensure compliance with the donor agreement and project proposal, proactively notifying the Field Coordinator and WPE Deputy Coordinator if issues arise.
- Lead project planning, and oversee program implementation and budget expenditures to ensure effective use of resources against planned activities and expected outputs.
- Ensure adequate project monitoring and evaluation systems are in place to collect information and consolidate data on a regular basis to demonstrate impact and inform ongoing program design.
- Compile and prepare quality periodic project progress reports, as well as final reports, and feed in other information as required by donors, the Regional Office and the Technical Unit.
- Assist in the program development and design process through assessments, assisting in proposal writing and budget development.
- Develop and deliver the provision and quality of training on GBV basics, basic counseling, case management, life skills and other key GBV resources for WPE staff, GBV actors, community members, and service providers.
- With support from the WPE Deputy Coordintor,Senior Manager, develop work,procurement and spending plans.
- Actively contribute to the creation and implementation of a WPE sector strategy to meet the needs of GBV survivors, including response to emergencies as they arise.
- Support staff recruitment in conjunction with the Human Resources Department.
- Maintain updated job descriptions, conduct interviews, orient new staff to the IRC and the WPE program.
- Provide ongoing supervision, mentoring, training and technical support and guidance to WPE staff, and ensure all adhere to best-practice principles in all aspects of program implementation.
- Ensure Performance Management System documentation for all staff is in place and followed up regularly.
- Build staff capacity in work plan development and reporting to ensure accurate monitoring and documentation of activities.
- Ensure WPE staff understand and follows IRC and donor Policies and Procedures.
- Ensure close collaboration with partners to ensure adequate referrals, including health agencies, child protection agencies, UNHCR, and other relevant actors.
- Represent WPE at regular working group meetings, reviews, strategic planning; and assist in the preparation of new initiatives for the SGBV program in Yumbe.
- Ensure regular communication with the WPE and Field Coordinator and other internal departments regarding the project’s progress and processes.
Please send in a filled IRC job application form, cover letter, CV and academic documents in one PDF attachment clearly indicating the position that you have applied for to:
UA‐[email protected] or hand deliver to Human Resource department in Yumbe/Imvepi.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Deadline: Wednesday 23rd January, 2019. Please note that if you do not follow the above instructions your application will be automatically disqualified.**
Whilst all applications will be assessed strictly on their individual merits, qualified Females are especially encouraged to apply. IRC is an equal opportunity Employer.
- Job City Kampala