This company has no active jobs
CURE International is a Christian nonprofit organization based in New Cumberland, Pennsylvania.
CURE's efforts are focused on providing medical care to children suffering primarily from orthopedic and neurological conditions.
The organization's stated mission is "healing the sick and proclaiming the kingdom of God." The organization operates 10 hospitals in the following countries: Afghanistan, the Dominican Republic, Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Niger, the Philippines, Uganda, the United Arab Emirates and Zambia.
The organization also runs specialty programs for clubfoot and hydrocephalus in an additional 19 countries including Bangladesh, Honduras and India.
The organization was founded in 1996 by Dr. C. Scott Harrison and his wife, Sally. Ten years earlier, Dr. Harrison traveled to Malawi, Africa to perform spine surgery and teach higher level orthopedic surgery skills to local surgeons. In the years following, Dr. Harrison and his wife made many trips back, discovering a need for children with orthopedic disabilities.
When his tenure as CEO and President of Kirschner Medical was over, Dr. Harrison created CURE, hoping to meet that need. CURE's first hospital opened in 1998 in Kenya. Today, it is the largest provider of pediatric surgical care in the developing world.
Who does CURE need?
Our hospitals and programs cannot function without a team of dedicated, talented professionals. We need YOU to consider joining our team so that we can keep doing what we’re doing!We hire professionals who support and embody the following values:
- Being Christlike– We value reflecting Jesus with compassion to those we serve.
- Being Childlike – We value a child’s passion for life and dependence on God in how we think, live, and love.
- Integrity – We value doing what we say and saying what we do.
- Restoring the Broken– We value taking action in responding to the physical and spiritual needs of those without voice and resources.
- Intentional Relationships – We value collaborative partnerships that cultivate trust and authenticity.