This company has no active jobs
HEALTH INITIATIVES FOR SAFETY AND STABILITY IN AFRICA (HIFASS) is a Non-Government Organization (NGO) incorporated in October 2007 with the core mandate of “enhancing population health in Africa”, by expanding quality health care and treatment in Nigeria and the rest of Africa. HIFASS supports Public Health, Safety Intervention, HIV/AIDS related Services including OVC comprehensive services and Prevention of Mother to Child Transmission of HIV/AIDS Project (PMTCT) as well as behaviour change and demand creation.
HIFASS is involved in health survey, monitoring and evaluation, site coordination, clinical services, administration, laboratory and research services. HIFASS also provides clinical laboratory management training for laboratory scientists and technicians in Nigeria as well as regular trainings on basic HIV management, counselling and testing.
OUR PRIMARY TARGETS ARE;
- Military Personnel and Civilians around military formations
- Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC)
- Pregnant Women
VISION: Enhancing Population Health in Africa
MISSION STATEMENT: Collaborating with partners to promote public health (focusing on primary health care), support military health care and promote health diplomacy for peace, stability and development in Africa.
ORGANIZATIONAL GOAL: Improve quality of and accessibility to Health Care services through Health System Strengthening, Health Manpower Management, Community Health Services, Trainings and Capacity Building and Health Care Education
* Create awareness on HIV/AIDS and other epidemics by disseminating information to communities;
* Work with the military to provide quality health systems and infrastructures;
* Support continuing education through technical programs and administrative support;
* Promote self – help groups for grass root empowerment through community health services there by, promoting sustainable livelihoods and
* Generate database on prevalent health issues.