The Finance and Admin Officer will oversee the operations and finances of the state office.
Please note that successful candidate will be based in one of the states in North West of Nigeria.
- Ensure the proper use, maintenance and repair of facilities and equipment, such as generators, vehicles, communication, computer units and peripherals, video and audio equipment, other office equipment, and air conditioners.
- Provide logistics support and coordination to all field activities and staff travel.
- Ensure implementation of regulations and procedures for local purchase, procurement and logistic management.
- Maintain rigorous operations in the field office, communicating regularly with the home office to assure smooth operations.
- Assist technical staff to develop and manage monthly and quarterly activity budgets.
- Supervise administrative and finance staff.
Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree in Business Management or accounting or equivalent certification from a Business Technical School.
- Minimum 3 years experience management experience.
- Experience with USAID funded project.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs, especially Excel spreadsheets.
- Ability to use accounting software (i.e. QuickBooks).
- Demonstrate good judgment and sound financial “common sense”.
- Ability to create and monitor budgets.
- Understand the principals of adequate documentation and of audit and performance necessary to ensure audit compliance.
- Advanced written and verbal proficiency in English including business terminology.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Since its founding in 1971, MSH has worked in over 150 countries with policy makers, health professionals, and health care consumers to improve the quality, availability and affordability of health services. Working with governments, donors, non governmental organizations, the private sector, and health agencies, MSH responds to priority health problems such as HIV & AIDS; tuberculosis; malaria; maternal, newborn and child health; family planning and reproductive health; and chronic non-communicable diseases such as cancer, diabetes, and lung and heart disease. Through strengthening capacity, investing in health systems innovation, building the evidence base, and advocating for sound public health policy, MSH is committed to making a lasting difference in global health.
Management Sciences for Health is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or veteran status.
State Team Leader
- Job City Abuja