MSH seeks candidates for an upcoming USAID-funded epidemic preparedness and infectious disease management program in Liberia. The project will work to building the capacity of health care workers, improving national capacity for disease management, refurbishment of hospital facilities, and establishment of an infectious disease clinical care facility.
The Finance, Administration and Procurement Officer provides accounting, administrative and procurement support to the project and ensures that all activities are conducted in accordance with MSH policies and procedures. S/he will ensure that financial, administrative and procurement transactions are accurately authorized, documented and recorded. S/he is responsible for facilitating staff advances, travel requests, and procurement requests. S/he is responsible for producing financial and administrative reports and ensures that systems are in accordance with MSH and USAID policies and procedures. S/he ensures procurement of goods and services in compliance with MSH procurements policies and procedures. S/he collects proforma invoices on approved purchase requisitions, prepares offer analysis and makes recommendations. S/he maintains procurement data including supplier list and standards of goods and services, and ensures the effectiveness of procurement in timely and cost effective manner.
The Finance, Administration and Procurement Officer safeguards the assets of MSH against fraud, loss or damage. S/he ensures that all accounting and financial and administrative records are made in accordance with the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and MSH policies and regulations.
This position is contingent upon project award and funding. The program is anticipated to be funded and start in October of 2016.
This position regularly carries out and monitors financial and administrative activities in accordance with USAID financial and administrative policies and procedures of MSH. These will include;
- Prepare Payments and Journal Vouchers ensuring that the documents are legal, authentic and that all relevant and adequate support documentation is attached.
- Post financial transactions including staff travel advance in QuickBooks on a daily basis.
- Ensure that VAT exoneration process is followed smoothly on a quarterly basis.
- Assist Technical Leads in preparing budgets, cash flow forecasts, and monthly financial reports.
- Maintain a Petty Cash replenishment.
- Ensure timely and accurate financial accountability/ reporting from the Sub-Offices and also to Corporate Accounting in HQ.
- Ensure that accurate resources (forms) are available at sub-offices.
- Establish and oversee all information and filing systems required to verify use of program resources and supplies, including purchase requests/orders and contract files.
- Responsible for maintaining staffs leave roster, recording absenteeism and sick leave for the sub-offices staff.
- Support preparation and coordination of workshops/trainings.
- Manage the fleet of vehicles including monitor usage/fuel management.
- Perform periodic and random inventory audit and asset verification.
- Coordinate request and maintain stock of office supplies for regional offices and stationery (only paper and printer cartridges).
- Facilitate the preparation of procurement plan.
- Receive approved Purchase Requisitions (PR) for procurement of goods and services.
- Tracks all PRs, for both local purchases.
- Determines price reasonableness.
- Responsible for collection and analysis of proforma invoices and presents to the supervisor for further processing or approval.
- Inquires immediately for more specifications from requesting units if the purchase request is not clearly specified and completed.
- Handles field office purchases when required.
- Ensures that purchases are made in the best interests of the donor and MSH.
- Assures delivery or pickup of PO for collection of goods.
- Prepares weekly procurement status report and submits to the supervisor.
- Regularly up dates the supervisor of all partial collection of the procured goods.
- Informs the supervisor about prices and qualities of goods if purchases are not of routine nature.
- Inform supervisor immediately if asked to compromise integrity by any vendor or other.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master degree in business management, accounting, or office management preferred.
2. At least three years experience in an independent administrative position with advanced bookkeeping responsibilities.
3. Work experience with projects supported by international organizations.
4. Computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications (Excel spreadsheets, word processing, and electronic mail along with data entry experience).
5. Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines.
6. Experience with organizing workshops and training courses, preparing and monitoring budgets .
7. Experience developing and interpreting standard financial reports (Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Cash Flow) and creation of Journal entries preferred.
8. Excellent communication skills.
9. English fluency required.
10. Ability to work in a team.
Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Since its founding in 1971, MSH has worked in over 150 countries with policy makers, health professionals, and health care consumers to improve the quality, availability and affordability of health services. Working with governments, donors, non governmental organizations, the private sector, and health agencies, MSH responds to priority health problems such as HIV & AIDS; tuberculosis; malaria; maternal, newborn and child health; family planning and reproductive health; and chronic non-communicable diseases such as cancer, diabetes, and lung and heart disease. Through strengthening capacity, investing in health systems innovation, building the evidence base, and advocating for sound public health policy, MSH is committed to making a lasting difference in global health.
Management Sciences for Health is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or veteran status.
- Job City Monrovia