The Regional Finance Assistance/Cashier ensures payments/disbursements are made in accordance with MSH Ethiopia policy and procedures and MSH petty cash and checks are kept in safe place at all times.
- Prepare payment vouchers, cash receipts vouchers and journal vouchers and make journal entry after securing the necessary supporting documentation and follow MSH Ethiopia policies and procedures.
- Write and issue checks to the name of authorized payees/vendors.
- Make sure all bank, and or cash payees are checked for Excluded Party List System (EPLS)/ and or Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC) as necessary and the result must attached with payment documents.
- Prepare check payments/ bank transfers for advances approved by the budget holders and supported by the necessary documents.
- Collect bank advices every month and or as necessary and make the necessary journal entries for the bank transactions occurred.
- Withhold withholding tax deductions from payments made to vendors as per the government tax regulation and documenting it with the payment.
- Make payments for meetings, workshops, trainings, conferences and similar events in accordance with MSH Ethiopia workshop and training policy and procedures.
- Make sure the activity budget is approved by budget holder, trainers are engaged with appropriate documentation, contract are signed, the participants are eligible to participate with supporting documents and appropriate identity cards and makes sure all the documents are attached with the payment.
- Handle petty cash funds according to MSH Ethiopia petty cash policy and keep petty cash funds in a safe box at all times.
- Replenish petty cash funds before it reaches below the minimum level set.
- Count a petty cash fund with a person assigned by the Finance and Admin Manager / Director at the end of every month and makes reconciliations.
- Perform other duties which are in line with the scope of the positon as assigned by his supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience
- BA in Accounting /Business Administration/ Banking and Finance or related fields.
- At least three Years’ experience in similar responsibilities.
- Experience working as an Accountant and Cashier, with USAID funded NGO is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Can present guarantee.
- Demonstrated proficiency in written and verbal English and Amharic, including business terminology.
- Knowledge of computer system, MS-Excel & MS-word.
Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Since its founding in 1971, MSH has worked in over 150 countries with policy makers, health professionals, and health care consumers to improve the quality, availability and affordability of health services. Working with governments, donors, non governmental organizations, the private sector, and health agencies, MSH responds to priority health problems such as HIV & AIDS; tuberculosis; malaria; maternal, newborn and child health; family planning and reproductive health; and chronic non-communicable diseases such as cancer, diabetes, and lung and heart disease. Through strengthening capacity, investing in health systems innovation, building the evidence base, and advocating for sound public health policy, MSH is committed to making a lasting difference in global health.
Unless HR requires information, please be informed that further contact to HR Office is not acceptable.
Management Sciences for Health is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or veteran status.
Regional Finance and Admin Manager
- Job City Tigray-Mekelle