Passionate about developing and implementing solutions for hidden hunger, the Micronutrient Initiative (MI) works in partnership with governments, the private sector and civil society organizations to address micronutrient deficiency and related health and nutrition problems in underserved populations. Governed by an international Board of Directors, MI works in Africa, Asia, the Caribbean, and Latin America and reaches 500 million people in 70 countries. With headquarters in Ottawa, Canada MI maintains regional offices in New Delhi, India and Nairobi, Kenya that manage our country offices in Asia and Africa. Currently the MI is seeking applications for:
Regional Human Resources Manager, Africa
Job # CRP038
The Regional Human Resources Manager provides HR advice and functional expertise to regional and country staff.
Reporting to the Regional Director, the Regional Human Resources Manager ensures that MI’s HR policies and practices are applied and followed consistently in the Regional Office and Country offices. He/she oversees the regional human resources functions, including: Recruitment & Selection, Policy Administration, Performance Management, Training & Development, Benefit Administration, and Employee Relations.
Responsibilities will include:
Recruitment and Selection
- Works with regional management team and HR Director to identify and implement regional talent management options in line with HR vision of MI.
- Provides advice and active support to managers throughout the recruitment process
- Ensures HR policies and practices are followed by management and staff
- Alerts RD and HR Director to breaches of policies and practices.
- Makes recommendations to RD and HR Director regarding policy changes
- Advises the HR director on regional customization or development of global HR policies.
- Provides advice and coaching to regional staff in HR matters
- Monitors organizational health and briefs Regional Director and Human Resources Director, as required.
- Oversees the administration of MI’s regional benefits plans
- Monitors benefits programs provided by similar organizations to ensure MI provides a competitive offering
- Administers timesheet applications and HRIS
- Ensures MI’s regional and country offices are compliant with local employment legislation.
- Stays current on changes to employment law and recommends changes and updates to MI practices as required
Training and Development
- Works with the RD and Director of HR to develop and implement training and development programs in regional and country offices
- Administration of MI’s training and development policies including training reimbursement
- Works with the Director of HR to ensure MI’s Performance and Appraisal (PAR) process is implemented and administered within the region
- Provides training and support to employees and managers on performance management best practices
- University degree in HR, Business, or related field is required.
- Certification by a national or international HR institution preferred.
- Masters’ degree and other professional certification is an asset
- A minimum of 8 years’ of progressive experience in HR
- Significant experience in recruitment & selection for senior and highly technical roles
- Experience in developing or implementing HR projects, such as HRIS, employee surveys, compensation systems
- Knowledge of HR legislation within the Africa Region
The starting salary for this position is KES 4,020,000 per annum.
How to apply:
To apply for this position please send a full CV and cover letter by e-mail to [email protected] by
January 16, 2017 and quote job #: CRP038 in the subject line. Please note that this position is located in Nairobi, Kenya.
No telephone calls please. Although we thank all applicants who apply, only those under consideration will be contacted.
- Job City Nairobi