IntraHealth International is a non-profit organization based in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, U.S.A. dedicated to working with developing countries to improve their public health capabilities
The Supply Chain Manager will provide high level technical assistance to improve the procurement functions for the upcoming Kenya HSDSA project and ensure that there is efficient and effective delivery of goods, services and work within the confines of USAID’s regulations.
- Working with clients to profile quantifications as required by various programs.
- Develop and support the implementation of sound procurement policies that ensure acquisition of goods and services is done while adhering to the Public Procurement Disposal Act and Regulations, including Procurement planning, budgeting, maintenance of procurement records, establishment of appropriate procurement structures/systems and reporting to the Public & Procurement Oversight Authority.
- Develop systems that will support forecasting and planning for the agency’s needs and requirements by keeping abreast of market and product trends and development.
- Design and implement responsive systems/processes that will ensure timely, efficient and effective procurement of goods and services in liaison with the procurement manager.
- Provide mechanisms that will ensure that there are proper linkages with supplies, accounting and other stores procedures to ensure that the organization properly maintains stocks based on demand.
- Ensure maintenance of updated suppliers list.
- Support the development for systems and mechanisms that prepare requests for quotations or tenders to pre-qualified suppliers or the public.
- Establish, in co-ordination with the relevant department and end-users, quality specifications of goods and services required by the agency.
- Provide a monitoring system that supports the better planning for procurement according to demand.
- Any other duty that may be assigned to you by the executive management of the project.
Qualifications and Experience
- Masters degree in business or related field
- Professional qualification in Purchasing and Supplies
- 10 years experience 3 of which must have been in a management position
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- High integrity
- Familiarity with public procurement guidelines and procedures
- Team player and strong leadership and management skills
- Computer literacy and familiarity with standard office computer applications
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Job City Nairobi