The Embassy of Ireland in South Africa in partnership with Canon Collins Trust invites applications for scholarships for postgraduate study in Ireland commencing in September 2019, in the following subject areas below.
Course Level: Masters, Fellowship
Eligible Countries: South Africa
Fields of Study: The fellowship programme has two strands:
- A) Annual awards for postgraduate study in:
- Business Managemenr; Economics and Finance
- Agriculture, Food Science; Environment and Rural development
- Gender and Human Rights
- Engineering; Sustainable Technology and Resource Management
- Information system and Communications Technology
- B) One annual award will be made for a fellowship in:
- LLM in International and Comparative Law at Trinity College Dublin. This will be selected by the Council for the Advancement of the South African Constitution (CASAC).
Eligibility Criteria: Applicants must:
- be a South African citizen holding a South African Permanent Residence Permit
- have achieved the necessary standard to be accepted onto a postgraduate course in an institute of higher education in Ireland
- be seeking funding for a full-time postgraduate programme in one of the above listed subject areas
- be able to take up fellowship in the academic year 2018/2019
- Not have already applied for a course at an institution in Ireland– if you have already been admitted to a university you are not eligible
Please note applicants already in possession of a Master’s degree are not eligible
Please apply only if you are eligible. Applicants already in possession of a Master’s degree are not eligible
Method of Application: Click here to apply for the Kader Asmal Fellowship for Postgraduate study in Ireland in 2019-2020.
Scholarship Application Deadline: 21st December 2018 at 17:00 SA time.