The University of Waikato in New Zealand is inviting applications for this First-in-Family scholarship to support full-time students studying at the undergraduate level at the University of Waikato. Applicants will primarily be enrolling in coursework, rather than research papers.
Course Level: This First-in-Family Scholarship is available to pursue the undergraduate program.
Eligible Countries: The Scholarship is open to New Zealand citizens, permanent residents, and international students.
Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible applicants must be:
- a) be the first member of their immediate family to attend university’
- b) Neither of the applicant’s birth parents nor a full or half-sibling.
- c) Be intending to enrol full-time (a full-time academic year comprises 120-points) in the first year of an undergraduate degree at the University of Waikato in Tauranga.
- d) Be accepted into their program of study; 2.1.4. be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident.
- e) The Scholarship is open to New Zealand
Method of Application: The closing date for applications is 15 October.
- Along with the completed application form, each applicant must submit A personal statement of no more than two A4 pages (on the prescribed form) that outlines the following.
- A statement describing what it means to the applicant and/or their family to Tauranga Campus First-in Family Scholarship – 2019 is the first-in-family at the university.
- Future aspirations and motivation to succeed at University and why the course of study will enhance their lifetime opportunities; 4.2.2. A verified copy of your NCEA School Results Summary or Secondary School equivalent. 4.2.3. A character reference. The character reference may not be an immediate member of the family.
Scholarship Application Deadline: 15 October 2018