Barclays Tertiary Scholarship Programme
As part of Barclays Bank Ghana’s Shared Growth programme, University of Professional Studies invites applications from students under the Barclays Tertiary Education Scholarship. This is a collaborative effort between Barclays Bank Ghana and the University and it is to further support Barclays Bank’s commitment to unlocking societal challenges whiles contributing to the economic growth of the country.
Education and Skills Development forms one of the three pillars of their Shared Growth agenda; under which is their Readytowork skills training for young persons in tertiary institutions and the Tertiary Education Scholarship.
- To support students with funding challenges
- Encourage and support students pursuing programmes that are key to government and national development agenda
- To support and deepen relationship with tertiary institutions
- Criteria for Scholarship Beneficiaries
- Must be Ghanaian
- Must be a continuing student of UPSA (Level 200 – 400)
- Must have excellent academic record – a GPA of 3.0 and above
- Must be able to demonstrate financial need
- Must add a statement of intent. (Essay)
- Must fill an application form.
- Must provide two referees, one from your Faculty
- Tenure of scholarship for beneficiary student is for one academic year renewable. Selection for the next academic year scholarship however is not an automatic guarantee.
- Student beneficiaries will need to open a Barclays Ignition Account (Student Account) into which funds will be disbursed.
How to Apply
Download form, print and submit a completed application form with all supporting documents to the Financial Aid Unit (FAU), Room 108, LBC. Only shortlisted applicants will be interviewed.
Deadline for the application is Friday, 22nd September, 2017.
Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
The scholarship will be administered by the Financial Aid Unit of the University located on the ground floor of the Justice Aryeetey Building (Lecture Block Complex (LBC)), Room108.
Kindly contact Mrs. Vivian Nettey on 0277489664 or 0265504937 for further information.