Chukwuka Cosmas Ezenma-CBSS research grant for African students in space science and astronomy offers grants in favor of African students and researchers including Nigerians in order to develop capacity in space science and technology, Electronics Engineering, Astronomy and Astrophysics, foster international, cultural, scientific and technological cooperation in Africa.
Course Level: Grants (Postgraduate, Workshop), Research
Eligible Countries: African countries
Field of Study: The scholarships are open to applicants in the following field of space science and Astronomy;
Environmental Science, Satellite Communication, Remote-Sensing, Atmospheric Sciences, Astronomy and Astrophysics, Instrumentation/Electronics/ICT, Geodesy and Geo-dynamics. Space Applications, Space Science and Technology, Rocketry, Space Science Education, Transport and Propulsion.
Eligibility Criteria: All of the awards are aimed at African students with high academic ability (typically with a good first degree at least second-class honors upper division or it’s international equivalent). Please note that applications will only be considered from candidates already holding an offer (either conditional or unconditional) from a University/Research Institution, who are classified as an African student for fee purposes. Preference will be given to female applicants and physically challenged applicants.
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- – NOTbe more than 32 years of age as at the time of the grant application.
- – be a citizen of one of the 54 African countries.
- – be enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a regular student in eligible post-graduate degree in any African public university or research institute.w
- – be enrolled in Astronomy, astrophysics, electronics engineering or any space science related course as shown above.
Number of Awards: Up to 10 scholarships/research grants may be awarded annually.
Value of Award: Partial grants
Method of Application: Applicants must provide the following documents:
For postgraduate grant:
- – evidence of post graduate admission
- – reference letter from the head of department or supervisor written on the University letter headed paper detailing applicant’s research topic, CGPA upon admission, duration of program, field of specialization/academic program. These required information must be sent from the referee’s university official/institutional e-mail (public domain emails are not accepted) directly to: [email protected]and [email protected].
- – all applications should be submitted online
For conference and workshop applications:
- – applicants must upload evidence of acceptance of research paper for presentation
- – reference letter from the applicant’s head of institution written on the institutional letter headed paper and emailed directly to: [email protected]and [email protected]. (public domain emails are not accepted).
All applications must be submitted before the closing date.
Scholarship Application Deadline: 30th November 2018.