For the academic year 2018/2019 (Cycle XXXIV) the University of Cagliari (UniCa) is delighted to announce PhD scholarships to study in Italy. These scholarships are available to Italian and Foreign citizens. CRS4 is an interdisciplinary research centre, founded by the Sardinia Autonomous Region on 1990, whose sole shareholder is the regional agency Sardegna Ricerche.
Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue the PhD programme.
Eligible Nationalities: These scholarships are available to Italian and Foreign citizens.
Eligibility Criteria: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
Admission to PhD programmes is open to graduates, regardless of nationality, holding (ref. to the Italian university system):
– A degree awarded according to the Italian Ministerial Decree no. 270/2004;
– A degree awarded according to the Italian Ministerial Decree no. 509/1999;
– A degree awarded according to the regulations established before the Italian Ministerial Decree no. 509/1999;
– Academic qualification (2nd cycle university degree: Master-level) issued by a foreign university recognized as equivalent. The foreign university degree must be evaluated suitable and equivalent, in terms of duration, level of degree and fields of study to the degree listed above and providing access to PhD programmes in the awarding country.
The Examination Board will deliberate on equivalence, in compliance with the current legislation in Italy and in the Country where it was issued, and with international treaties or agreements concerning the recognition of qualifications for further studies for the sole purpose of admission to the PhD programme.
Admission is also open to students who are going to graduate not later than 31st October 2018. These candidates will be admitted with reservation and will submit a certificate (only for degrees obtained abroad) or a self-declaration of their graduation together with a copy of a valid ID.
Method of Application: To participate in the selection, candidates can apply through the online procedure available on the webpage ‘Servizi Online’ of UniCa website.
Foreign applicants holding a university degree issued abroad must fill in the online application and upload the following documents in PDF format (each file not exceeding 1 MB):
- Certificate attesting the award of a 2nd level foreign degree needed to access a PhD programme,
- Including exams and marks, with a translation in Italian or English;
- Certificate attesting the award of a 1st level foreign degree, including exams and marks, with a translation in Italian or English; signed Curriculum Vitae preferably in EU format, in English or Italian;
- One or more reference letter(s), in English or Italian, on institution letterhead paper, written and signed by a university professor or expert in the PhD scientific area(s) (up to 3 letters admitted);
- Additional qualifications, certifications, publications (up to 5) and work experiences, detailed in- English or in Italian;
- Form requesting the interview by teleconference (if needed);
- Two-sided coloured copy of a valid ID, with a clear photo.
Scholarship Application Deadline: August 27, 2018