The new Postdoctoral Fellowship: Japan-ASEAN Platform for Transdisciplinary Studies under its program “Japan-ASEAN Platform for Transdisciplinary Studies” at the Center for Southeast Asian Studies (CSEAS) at Kyoto University, Japan.
Course Level: Fellowship is available to pursue Postdoctoral degree programme.
Available Subject: Fellowship is awarded under its program “Japan-ASEAN Platform for Transdisciplinary Studies.”We attend to a variety of issues, such as:
- Environmental degradation
- Natural resource governance
- Economic growth and distribution
- Ageing, health, and welfare
- Urbanization and depopulation
- Emerging infectious diseases
- Natural disasters
The root causes of these pressing issues must be understood and solutions must be sought beyond the confinement of nationalism, academic disciplinarity, and barriers separating academic and non-academic stakeholders.
Eligible Countries: Fellowship is available for students from all around the world.
Eligibility Criteria: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
We encourage applications from researchers with a Ph.D. or proof of a solid research and publication track record in area studies, sociocultural anthropology, geography, sociology, economics, politics, political economy, political ecology, forestry, biology, medicine, ecology, hydrology, climate science, fisheries science, environmental science, disaster science, natural resources, governance or related disciplines. The applicant must not be the recipient of a JSPS Postdoctoral Fellowship or similar programs at the time of employment. While the application is open to candidates from all regions of the world, preference will be given to applicants from Southeast Asia or who have Southeast Asian heritage. Additionally, we have a preference for candidates who work in maritime/insular Southeast Asia.
Method of Application: Online Application form:
- 1) Curriculum Vitae (must include information on language skills, both oral and written; list of presentations at international academic conferences and seminars; fieldwork experiences; list of grants and awards; and the complete list of publications, indicating which ones are refereed)
- 2) Two recommendation letters*
- 3) Samples of major publications (two samples with abstracts; electronic copies or photocopies are acceptable)
- 4) Summary of scholarly activities and achievements (1200 words or less)
- 5) Statement of your research, writing, and publication goals for this fellowship, and your contribution to the research theme or topic(s) outlined by the research cluster that you wish to be a part of (1200 words)
*The recommendation letter can be directly sent from the referee via postdoc-at-cseas.kyoto-u.ac.jp by email attachment.
Scholarship Application Deadline: August 31, 2018