The University of Bonn and the German Development Institute (DIE) are partners in the Bonn Alliance for Sustainability Research. In a joint Spring School they invite African Germany-Alumni from any field of study and Alumni of the Managing Global Governance Academy (MGG) of the DIE to come to Bonn, Germany in April 2019.
Course Level: Short course
Eligible Countries: African countries
To be taken at (country): Germany
Eligibility Criteria: You can apply for the programme if you are:
- An African Germany-Alumni from any German University currently living in Africa*
- An Alumni from the Managing Global Governance Academy (MGG).
- Interested in sustainability topics
*A Germany-Alumni is a person who spent time at a German University i.e. during an Erasmus semester, as a PHD candidate, in a study programme etc.. Please make sure to official certify your stay at the University.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: The programme will provide the following services:
- Modules, workshops, excursions
- Welcome and farewell events incl. meals
- Hotel accommodation for the duration of the spring school (31 March – 10 April, 2019)
- Travelcost reimbursement (up to 1.200 Euro, in exceptional cases the reimbursement may be higher)
- Visa costs up to 60 Euro
- Insurance covering health, accident and personal liability risks
- Public transportation ticket
Participants have to take care of any further expenses during the spring school and accommodation before or after the spring school.
Costs will be covered by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) with funds provided by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ).
Duration of Programme: April 1 – 10, 2019, Bonn, Germany
Method of Application: To apply, complete the online application form with your personal data and upload the following documents:
- Résumé / curriculum vitae
- Official Document certifying your stay at a German University/attendance in the MGG programme
- Letter of recommendation from your employer, professor, university etc.
- Official picture (i.e. passport photograph)
Scholarship Application Deadline: 31st December 2018.