DAAD Scholarship for S3 is now open for applications. These research grants are available to pursue doctoral programmes in Germany. Scholarships are available for foreign students. The aim of this grant programme is to support doctoral projects in Germany.
Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue doctoral research programme.
Eligible Nationalities: Scholarships are available for foreign students.
Eligibility Criteria: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
Excellently-qualified young academics and scientists who have completed a Master’s degree or Diploma, or in exceptional cases a Bachelor’s degree at the latest by the time they begin their grant-supported research.
What requirements must be met?
- Applications for research grants may be submitted by excellently qualified young lecturers from state and private universities as well as academics and scientists from state research institutions who have passed their second (graduate) degree (Master‘s) with a grade of 3.0 or better and who can prove that they have gained at least two years of career experience. In exceptional cases, young university graduates from the private sector may also apply
- As a rule, applicants should not have graduated any longer than six years before the application deadline. If you are already working on a doctoral degree, you should not have started your degree any longer than three years previously.
- Applicants who have been resident in Germany for longer than 15 months at the application deadline cannot be considered.
For applicants from the fields of human medicine, veterinary medicine and dentistry, other regulations are applicable. Please refer to the leaflet “Additional information on DAAD Research Grants for applicants from medical fields”.
- Applicants are generally expected that they have a good knowledge of German or a good knowledge of English (TOEFL IBT 80 resp. IELTS 6.0).
Method of Application: Application documents
Certificates, proof of credits, certifications and translations may be scanned in non-certified form and uploaded to the DAAD portal. DAAD’s Head Office in Bonn will only request certified copies of the submitted documents in paper form if a grant is awarded!
Documents to be uploaded to the DAAD portal:
- Online application form
- Full curriculum vitae in tabular form (max. 3 pages)
- List of publications (max. 10 pages), if applicable
- Extensive and detailed description of the research proposal and a description of previous research work (max. 10 pages)
In the case of individual projects supervised by a university teacher (academic adviser)
- Letter confirming supervision by a university teacher in Germany (academic adviser)
- Schedule of planned research work
In the case of planned participation in a structured doctoral study programme:
- Letter of admission to a study programme; this can be subsequently submitted before the grant-supported research begins if it is not available at the time of application.
- Proof of existing contacts to the coordinator of the doctoral programme in the form of copies of correspondence
Also for all applicants:
- Diploma or degree certificate indicating final grade(s): the certificate must be subsequently submitted before the grant-supported research begins if it is not available at the time of application.
- Other documents which support your application (example: certificates of employment, proof of placements, etc.)
- The detailed description of the study or research programme (Research Proposal)
- Copy of school-leaving certificate which entitles holders to study at a university in the home country (with all individual grades)
- All university certificates on all annual examinations with individual grade(s), incl. explanation of grading system.
- German or English translations of documents submitted in the national language
- Abstract from S1 and S2
- Academic transcript (S1 and S2), covering the complete duration of academic studies
- Language certificate
- Evidence of current employment status
To be submitted by post:
Two recent references from university teachers which provide information about your qualifications (hand-signed, no digital or scanned signature). Please regard the instructions given on the tab “Submitting an application“.
Scholarship Application Deadline: October 10, 2018