The Facebook Emerging Scholar Award is open to 1st year and second year PhD students. This fellowship program is considered to involve people who identify as: Black or African American, person having origins in any Black racial groups of Africa; Hispanic or Latino, person of Cuban, Mexican, Puerto Rican, South American, Central American, Caribbean, or other Spanish culture origin, regardless of race; Native American or Alaskan Native, person having origins in any of the original peoples of North, Central, or South America and who maintains tribal affiliation or community attachment; Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander, person having origins in the original peoples of Hawaii, Guam, Samoa or other Pacific Islands.
Course Level: Fellowship
To be taken at (country): USA
Value Of Scholarship:
- Payment of tuition and fees for two academic years
- $37,000 annual stipend
- Up to $5,000 towards conference travel funds
Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible for this fellowship program, applicants must:
- be citizens of the above mentioned regions
- have completed their Masters and Bachelors degree program
- be in their 1st or 2nd year of their PhD program
Also Apply: Tuition Free Algerian Government Scholarships – 2017
Method of Application: Click here to apply
The following are required during application:
- A) Research Summary 1-2 page research summary which clearly identifies the area of focus, importance to the field, and applicability to Facebook of the anticipated research. Please reference the research areas.
- B) Resume or CV (with email, phone and mailing address). Please include applicable coursework.
- C) Two letters of recommendation (Please provide their email addresses):
- Professional reference (can be from academia or industry)
Scholarship Application Deadline: 12th October, 2018
Award Provider: Facebook