The new ASI Data Science & Data Engineering Fellowship is now available for 2019 January intake. This Fellowship is available for PhD graduates, postdoctoral researchers and experienced software engineers’ transition into a career in data science.
Course Level: Fellowship is available for PhD graduates, postdoctoral researchers and experienced software engineers’ transition into a career in data science.
Eligible Countries: This fellowship is available for international students.
Eligibility Criteria: You must have the right to work full time in the UK. If this is on a basis of a visa, please provide a copy of your visa with your application.
In general, successful candidates meet most of the requirements below:
- A PhD in a STEM subject.
- A high level of mathematical competence.
- Programming experience.
- The ability to code.
- Some experience with theoretical concepts of statistical learning (e.g. hypothesis testing, Bayesian Inference, Regression, SVM, Random Forests, Neural Networks, natural language processing, optimisation).
- Experience with some coding libraries frequently used in data science.
- The ability to communicate effectively with different audiences.
- Experience composing and following a project plan/sticking to self-imposed deadlines/proactively solving your own problems.
Method of Application: The mode of application is online.
Scholarship Application Deadline: October 15, 2018