The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey (TÜBİTAK) grants fellowships for international students seeking to pursue a graduate degree in Turkey in scientific fields.
Course Level: Fellowship, Research
Eligible Countries: International
To be taken at (country): Recognized Universities in Turkey
Eligible Fields of Study: Natural Sciences, Engineering and Technological Sciences, Medical Sciences, Agricultural Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities
- Candidates should be non-Turkish citizens. Applicants who hold dual citizenship with Turkey are not eligible to apply.
- Candidates should have an invitation from the universities or research institutes in Turkey.
- Candidates should certify that they have sufficient command of language to perform their research.
- Candidates must be 35 years old or younger.
- Candidates should be enrolled in a program in abroad for PhD students.
- Candidates who hold a PhD degree in Turkey should have a GPA minimum of 3.50/4.00 in PhD program.
Selection Criteria: All successfully submitted applications are listed and prepared for scientific evaluation after the prior selection. The proposal will be evaluated according to the following 4 evaluation criteria:
- Research potential of the fellow
- Scientific and technological quality of the research proposal
- Impact of the proposed fellowship to the applicant’s training and career development to the hosting institution and to Turkey
- Implementation of the proposed research
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Fellowship: The scholarship will consist of a monthly stipend, tuition fee, travel costs and health insurance.
Duration of Fellowship: Maximum duration for the fellowship is 12 months.
Method of Application: All applications must be submitted electronically via TÜBİTAK scholarship application portal by 15th February, 2019
- It is important to visit the Fellowship webpage (see link below) to access the online application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Scholarship Application Deadline: 15th February, 2019
Award Provider: Turkey Government