The University of Manchester is offering Masters Scholarships for Ethiopian, Ugandan, Rwandan and Tanzanian students for entry in September 2019. The scholarships cover full tuition fees, return international air fares and living expenses.
Course Level: Scholarships are offered for pursuing Master’s programmes.
Eligible Countries: This scholarship is available to students from Ethiopia, Uganda, Rwanda and Tanzania.
Eligibility Criteria: Our master’s scholarships are aimed at talented applicants, especially from disadvantaged backgrounds. To apply for a scholarship, you must:
- Have at least 18 months’ work experience (this includes unpaid internships or voluntary work);
- Hold a bachelor’s degree with an overall grade of excellent, or preferably a master’s degree. The awards are for academically outstanding students and typically this means that you are in the top 10% of your class;
- Be a resident citizen of Ethiopia and have not previously studied outside Africa;
- Be committed to returning home and able to demonstrate the potential to make a positive impact on the future of Ethiopia;
- Have a clear idea of how studying in Manchester will benefit both your career and the wider community.
Method of Application: Note that there is a clear separation between the process of awarding the scholarships and our admissions procedure. Scholarships are awarded entirely on merit. It is not necessary to have an academic offer of admission to apply for the scholarship. There is no advantage or disadvantage in having an academic offer. If you are selected for the scholarship you will be automatically admitted to the course of your choice.
Scholarship Application Deadline: We will open for applications for entry in September 2019 on August 1, 2018 and the deadline to apply is September 9, 2018 at 5pm GMT.