The Standard Bank Derek Cooper Africa Scholarships offer an exciting opportunity of funding for students who are ordinarily resident in one of Standard Bank’s African presence countries, with a preference for residents of South Africa, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, Angola, Mozambique and South Sudan.
Eligible Countries: African countries preferably residents of South Africa, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria, Angola, Mozambique and South Sudan.
To be taken at (country): London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE), UK
Eligible Field of Study: The scholarships are for offer holders on the following LSE master’s programmes:
- MSc Environmental and Development
- MSc Environmental Economics and Climate Change
- MSc Public Management and Governance
- MSc Finance (full-time)
- MSc Finance and Private Equity
- MSc Risk and Finance
- MSc Real Estate Economics and Finance
- MSc African Development
- MSc Law and Accounting
- MSc Economics and Management
- MSc Management Information Systems and Digital Innovation
- MSc Management and Strategy
- MSc Financial Mathematics
- MSc Economics and Philosophy
Eligibility Criteria: These scholarships are designed to provide the opportunity for students who currently do not have the financial means to pursue further studies of this nature.
Number of Awards: 3
Value of Scholarship: The scholarship will provide £40,000, towards the fees for the programme and the remainder towards living costs.
Duration of Scholarship: 1 year
Method of Application: To apply for LSE funding for programmes beginning in September 2018, you must:
- – Submit your application for the programme (See how to apply for graduate study at LSE in the Scholarship Webpage link below)
- – Submit your Graduate Financial Support Application Form via theGraduate application tracker
- – Receive an offer of a place (conditional or unconditional)
by 5pm UK time on 26 April 2019.
Scholarship Application Deadline: 26th April 2019