The Program supports African scholars and researchers working in any discipline to spend periods of flexible time in Oxford, for example as sabbatical leave for utilising library or other university facilities or undertaking or planning collaborative research with Oxford based colleagues.
Course Level: Fellowship
Eligible Countries: African countries
To Be Taken At (Country): University of Oxford, UK
– Applicants are expected to hold a PhD or research equivalent.
– Legal resident of an African country holding an appointment in an African academic or research institution.
– With an existing collaboration with Oxford or in contact with a potential collaborator at Oxford.
Selection Criteria: Applications will be reviewed primarily on the quality and value added of the proposed research agenda, the fit between the applicant and the Oxford host, and the feasibility of the proposed activities in the timescale of the fellowship.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: The Fellows appointed will be provided with an en-suite, single occupancy study bedroom with all meals provided in the host College. A temporary University card for and temporary membership to the college Senior Common Room will be granted for the period of residency. The fellowship will also include airfare, visa fee and a maintenance allowance for incidental expenses.
Duration of Program: The fellowships will be undertaken for 4 to 6 weeks between July and September 2019. Under exceptional circumstances, start dates outside this time period will be considered. Please be aware that applications will be reviewed, in part, on the basis of the work you intend to achieve in the timescale you set out.
Method of Application:
- There are three fellowship schemes being offered for 2019.Please read full details about each fellowship below and select oneto apply to.
- Note that we will only accept one application, so do not apply for more than one fellowship.
Scholarship Application Deadline: 25th March, 2019 (Midnight GMT)