The new Victoria University Graduate Research Scholarship is now available on offer for all Domestic and International students.
Victoria University is an Australian public university based in Melbourne, Victoria. It is a dual-sector tertiary institution providing courses in both higher education and Technical and Further Education.
Course Level: Scholarships are available to study Postgraduate research programme.
Eligible Countries: This scholarship is available for Domestic and International students.
Eligibility Criteria: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- All applicants must meet the University’s minimum academic entry requirement of a 70% (Distinction VU standard) average in the most relevant qualifying degree.
- Applications for graduate research scholarships are always highly competitive. Therefore, applicants are expected to have, at minimum, a 1st class honours (80%+ average) or equivalent.
|Degree name||Minimum entry requirement|
|Doctor of Philosophy||A four-year bachelor degree with honours, or an honours degree at H2A/Distinction (above 70% VU standard)|
Masters by coursework degree with minor thesis with average grades of at least H2A/Distinction (above 70% >VU standard)
Masters by research degree, or demonstrated exceptional ability during partial completion of a research project in a Masters by research degree.
|Master by Research||A three or four-year bachelor degree with average grades of at least H2A/Distinction (above 70% VU standard) in the final year,|
Other equivalent qualification or professional experience demonstrating a capacity to undertake a Masters by Research.
|Doctor of Business Administration||A Master of Business degree or its equivalent with average grades of at least H2A/Distinction (70% VU standard)|
Have completed at least two years’ appropriate work experience.
Method of Application: Apply through the online application system (external link) when applications are open.
All Higher Degree by Research applicants are required to prepare a research proposal for submission.
Your research proposal should be 1- 2 pages (typed, A4) containing:
- Title of the research proposal
- Name and College of your nominated supervisor (on the title page)
- Significance of the research
- Methodology and research techniques
- Facilities and equipment required.
Your CV should include:
- Your educational qualifications
- Most relevant and up to date professional work experience
- A list of recent research publications, if applicable.
Scholarship Application Deadline: The 2018 Victoria University Graduate Research Scholarship main rounds are open in the following periods: August 27 to October 1, 2018 (8am AEST) for international applicants, 1 September to 31 October 2018 (midnight AEST) for domestic applicants.