The Institute for Advanced Studies in Vienna (IHS) is inviting applications for PhD fellowship as part of the PhD network ‘The Post-Crisis Legitimacy of the European Union’ (PLATO). International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship programme.
Course Level: Position is available to pursue PhD programme.
Eligible Nationalities: International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship programme.
Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
The successful candidate will have to enroll in the PhD program of Social Sciences at the University of Vienna. The work will result in a doctorate in political science. For a detailed curriculum of the PhD Program at the University of Vienna please visit: http://doktoratsowi.univie.ac.at/en/structure-of-the-degree-programme/curriculum/
Other institutions for PhD enrolment could be explored based on the candidates’ wishes.
Two important eligibility conditions apply to Marie Sklodowska-Curie Action (MSCA) Innovative Training Networks (ITN):
- Candidates cannot have resided and carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Austria for more than 12 months in the 3 years prior to 1 May 2018 (or start date of contract). If it is not evident from the application that this criterion is met, please include an explanation as part of your application.
- Candidates must be in the first four years (full-time equivalent) of her/his research career and not already be in the possession of a doctoral degree.
- Master’s degree in political science, sociology, or a related social science discipline, which includes at least two years of study at MA level and an MA thesis. The master’s thesis must have been submitted before the application deadline. A prerequisite for taking up the position is the successful completion of a master’s degree.
Strong and promising academic record
Method of Application:
Applications must be submitted by e-mail to Sigrid Stemberger (stemberger-at-ihs.ac.at). The application must include the following documents:
- Letter of motivation
- Research proposal (2,000-3,000 words) (Guidelines for the project proposal)
- Two letters of recommendation
- Copy of MA degree diploma(s)
- Copies of academic transcripts
- CV with full summary of education, practice, academic and non-academic work experience, language proficiency, positions of trust, and other qualifying/extracurricular activities. The period of enrolment (admission-completion) in the Master’s study program must be specified.
The application and all supporting documents must be provided in English.
Scholarship Application Deadline: April 16, 2018