The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of two years. There are very good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Farafangana, Madagascar.
As Area Manager in Farafangana you will develop and manage all Welthungerhilfe (WHH) activities in the South-East Region. Your aim is to ensure that projects in this area are implemented on the basis of specified directives in terms of content, schedule and budget. The projects are to be carried out in accordance with WHH strategy and standards, the strategy of the WHH Madagascar and the regulations of the donors. You will also ensure sound management of financial and logistics means allocated for the projects implemented in your area and you are responsible for the acquisition of sufficient additional funding either through public funding sources or private donations. Additionally, you have the overall responsibility for WHH staff working on the base and their security and represent WHH and the office in the defined project area.
- Ensure that all projects in the area are implemented according to the country strategy and the rules and standards of donors and WHH
- Identify funding opportunities in the area and develop successful project proposals in line with the relevant donor regulations and strategies
- Ensure that all project relevant support is in place (monitoring, logistics, finance administration, etc.)
- Ensure that for all projects in the area of responsibility are up to date in terms of planning, reporting, budgeting and quality
- Implement and manage a preparedness plan for disasters and its measures on the basis of area specific situation
- Base Office management and implementation of WHH policies and the adaption to local conditions
- Establish and ensure adherence to the country wide security management system (establishment of functioning security plans etc.) in accordance to the global security policy and guidelines of Welthungerhilfe
- Establish good working relationships with donors and other regional stakeholders for emergency, rehabilitation and development programs in coordination with the Country Office and the Country Director
- Represent Welthungerhilfe vis-à-vis all relevant national and international stakeholders and partners in the area
- A university or college degree in a relevant field
- A minimum of 3 years professional experience working in the global South
- Experience in working in cooperation with national partner organizations
- Experience with institutional donors, ideally with BMZ, EU, and ECHO
- Broad intercultural competence and team collaboration skills
- Ability to cope with the psychological and health challenges of working/living in a rural setting in South Eastern Madagascar
- Readiness to receive necessary vaccinations for working in Welthungerhilfe’s project countries
- Excellent English and French language skills
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under “Our benefits”.
*Welthungerhilfe values diversity and ensures an inclusive, non-discriminatory working environment. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by May 31, 2023, by using the link. Your contact person is Nawid Ketabi. Welthungerhilfe is committed to fighting terrorism in all its activities. Accordingly, any applicant who is offered employment will be screened against lists of known and suspected terrorists.