INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT For Assistant Base HR Administrator
Country Office: Ethiopia
Work Base: Gambella
Availability: As Soon As Possible
Salary Scale: EMS05
Salary and other benefits: Gross salary ETB 15,902-18,206
Insurance – (Life, Group Personal Accident and Medical Insurances are covered upon the organization policies).
Seniority Allowance – paid depending up the years of service.
About Action Against Hunger
Action Against Hunger was founded in 1979 as an international non-governmental organization that fights against hunger in the world. Our mission is to save lives by eliminating hunger through preventing, detecting and treating under-nutrition, especially during and after emergencies related to conflicts and natural disasters.
The international network of Action Against Hunger has offices in France, United Kingdom, Spain, Canada, USA, India and Belgium. Teams in the field combat hunger on four fronts: Nutrition and Health, Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL), Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), and Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS).
About Action Against Hunger – USA
As the world’s hunger specialist, our primary goal is to create a better way to deal with hunger. For more than 40 years, we led the global movement that aims to end life- threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. With 7,500+ staff, our teams have been on the front lines, treating and preventing malnutrition across more than 45 countries, assisting more than 21 million people.
We save the lives of children and their families. We are there for them before and after disaster strikes. We enable people to provide for themselves, see their children grow up strong, and for whole communities to prosper. We constantly search for more effective solutions, while sharing our knowledge and expertise with the world. We push for long-term change.
About the Country Program in Ethiopia
Action Against Hunger has been operational in Ethiopia since 1985 responding to both chronic and acute needs through a multi-sectorial strategic approach where Nutrition and Health, Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL), Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), and Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) are integrated in order to maximize impact on people’s resilience.
Action Against Hunger currently operates in 5 different regions with an anticipated 2020 yearly portfolio of $20M of emergency and resilience building programs, research and innovation. We have a country team of about 550 staff working out of 18 field offices and sub offices across Ethiopia.
Our main donors in Ethiopia are ECHO, Europaid, UNHCR, OFDA, BPRM, SIDA, EHF, WFP, UNICEF and others.
General Assignments / Scope of the Role:
The Assistant Base HR Administrator Assists the Base HR Manager in the administrative follow-up of the staff.
The Assistant Base HR Administrator’s role purpose, engagement, and delivery are:
Purpose (The substantive focus of the job encompassing scope, depth and difficulty of work both conceptual and applied)
Follow up on the base’s human resources administratively:
§ File documents in the staff files;
§ Up-date the data base
§ Follow up per diem, overtime, leaves, …
§ Prepare Action Against Hunger identity cards for new employees;
§ Assist the integrated Human Resource Processes and Procedures in line with Action Against Hunger policies and Procedures.
Assist in the administrative aspects of staff recruitment;
§ Post the job offer
§ Receive and register applications
§ Make appointments with the candidates;
§ Organize the logistics aspects of recruitment tests
§ Prepare replies to the candidates and dispatch them after signature by the administrator
§ Ensure contacts with local employment organizations (employment office, etc.) if applicable;
Engagement: (The focus of interaction both internally and externally needed to deliver a service seek collaboration and build effective partnerships)
§ Identify and Maintain collaboration between staff and management across various Human Resource functions.
§ Externally maintain relationship with various stakeholders for improved Human Resource service (Pension Agency, Inland Revenue- Tin Numbers, and the like.
Delivery: (The focus on the execution of the work and the role on the team for supporting business/operational functions in terms of timeliness and quality)
- Translate administrative letters upon request
- Assist the base administrator in the practical organization of training session (planning, organization of travels).
Duties and Responsibilities:
1: Assist the administrative follow-up of the base’s human resources:
- Prepare employee Identity Cards and keep the record in the staff list;
- Follow-up of the staff’s leaves: annual leaves, sick leaves… And ensure to keep a track record of written record and send a monthly, yearly, quarterly report to HR Capital;
- Keep a staff list and list of insurance for the base’s employees and submit to the Field Coordinator and Base Human Resource Manager;
- Sort all documents in the local employees’ individual files and check that all files are complete and updated;
2: Assist on Managing local employees’ social insurance:
- Review medical receipts/prescriptions submitted by the employee and validate for finance for payment;
3: Assist the hiring process administratively:
- Keep a record of the job opening requests with updated Job descriptions;
- Organize the recruitment process in co-operation with the job-seeker: schedule appointments, tests, replies;
- Receive and keep a track record of all applications received and ensure to communicate to candidates of the written and interview results;
4: Assist on Facilitating and transfer of information and documents;
- Receive/transfer telephone calls to the persons concerned, note them down in the register and take messages if necessary Arrange appointments;
- Translate administrative documents upon request,
- Look after incoming faxes and ordinary mail and transmit them to the persons concerned after having registered them; type, register and send faxes, emails, and letters;
- Photocopy and scan documents; Sort and file documents; Register, copy, dispatch, and archive incoming documents (letters faxes…).
- Perform any duties assigned by your immediate supervisor
I. Gender Equality Commitments
· Foster an environment that supports values of women and men, and equal access to information.
· Provide a work environment where women and men must be evaluated and promoted based on their skills and performance.
·Respect beneficiaries’ women, men, children (boys and girls) regardless of gender, sex orientation, disability, religion. race, colour, ancestry, national origin, age, or marital status.
· Value and respect all cultures.
I. Physical Demands
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit for long periods and to concentrate on work, including typing, and turn out heavy volumes of work accurately, within short time frames under stressful situations in the context of a moderately noisy office with many interruptions. Must be able to proofread own
work accurately so that only minor corrections are needed on an infrequent basis.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
II. Working Conditions, Travel and Environment
The duties of the job require regular job attendance at least five days per week. Must be available to work outside normal office hours or on the weekends as required.
Must be able to travel as required for standard domestic and international business purposes. While performing the duties of this job in the field, the employee may be exposed to precarious settings under high security risks and/or very basic living conditions and outside weather conditions, as well as to infectious diseases.
III. Additional Tasks
Ensure gender mainstreaming in the HR department.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and the employee will also perform other related tasks as required and is responsible for reporting and communication of progress and achievement of the specific assigned task.
I. Required Qualifications and Professional Experience
II. Required Skills & Competencies
· Good communication skills
· Sense of confidentiality
· Good level of spoken and written English
· Excellent interpersonal skills (stress management and motivation)
· Computer literate
How to Apply
If you are interested, please send your application composed of none returnable CV, Covering Letter with “Assistant Base Human Resource Administrator” written in the subject line, and three references, applicants to the following addresses:
Directly In Person to Action Against Hunger Addis Ababa office after Washington DC square to Mayor Muriel Bowser Street, Wollega – Gimbi, Gambella, Waghimra – Sekota, Harergue- Harar, Borena – Yabello and Somali Gode offices,
NB: Only short listed applicants will be, communicated on and selection process includes technical test and an interview.
- Job City Gambela