The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Assistant Coop – Administrator
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Recruitment Type: National (2-year renewable contract)
Under the supervision of the Executives, the successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Prepare monthly deduction schedule for Payroll Unit use;
- Prepare monthly Bank and Personal Account with IITA (PA) reconciliation statements;
- Assist the Administrator in the day-to-day management of society operations;
- Upload transactions into the accounting system;
- Attend to queries from Cooperative members, Internal and External Auditors;
- Provide schedule balances of figures in the management accounts to auditors during audit exercises;
- Perform daily call-up review of members’ transactions, records, and balances in respect of the previous day’s activities and provision of a report on the same to the Administrator;
- Provide support to Administrator in generating timely relevant reports needed for decision making in activities of the society;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Executives.
- BSc/HND Cooperative Studies and Management, Accounting or Business Management, PE II ICAN. Possession of ACA or ACCA would be an added advantage.
- The ideal candidate must have a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a related role.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Excellent computer skills in the use of financial applications (Oracle or Peachtree, QuickBooks or other accounting software)
- Excellent interpersonal skills with advanced written and verbal communication
- Ability to multi-task and excellent team working skills with less supervision.
The society offer highly competitive salary obtainable in other departmental cooperatives with fringe benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should complete the online application below, attaching detailed Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, a professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
- IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from women candidates.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
- Job City Ibadan, Oyo