ASSISTANT & INFORMATION MANAGEMENT OFFICER
About the Job
The Assistant & Information Management Officer oversees information management including records acquisition, compliance with basic Information security principles and ICRC rules on personal data protection. S/he acts as a reference person for a portfolio of standard tools (access rights, use and associated workflows).
The Assistant & IM Officer provides high-level administrative support and ensures compliance of official correspondence with ICRC standards, protocol and visual identity.
This is a national/resident position based in Nairobi, Kenya.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Co-ordinates the flow of information and ensures that staff understand and apply the appropriate institutional policies and procedures; sets and revises information management and communication procedures
- Drafts and reviews correspondence, presentations, and other documents; ensures information is shared among users
- Takes minutes of meetings and follows up on the action points, prepares and distributes reports
- Manages appointments and organizes briefings, periodic and ad hoc meetings within ICRC and with external interlocutors
- Welcomes visitors and organizes meetings and events while observing protocol
- Distributes all electronic documents sent to the delegation through the Teambox/Shared mailbox and ensures that all paper documents and received at the chancellery are distributed accordingly
- Supervises and monitors the use and update of a range of collaborative tools and databases and offers regular training/information sessions on information management
- Updates general information in the reference tools; Team Space and Local Network databases
- Ensures all new staff are briefed on IM aspects, provides regular trainings to all users and IM relays and evaluates the effectiveness and impact of the trainings
- In coordination with the Executive Assistant and IM Officer (EAIMO) supports in the organization of national seminars and workshops
- Shares with all staff information on; ICRC rules regarding correspondence, ICRC protocol and monitors to ensure compliance
- Ensures that proper procedures are in place for protection, usage, and storage of sensitive office supplies ICRC stamps, seals, letterhead, and stationery
- On annual basis, conducts audits in the sub sites to ensure the compliance to the information management procedures and guidelines
Minimum qualifications and required competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Business Management, or equivalent qualification in a related field of study
- 3 years’ experience in same level in busy environment
- Detail-oriented, highly organized and practices strict adherence to timelines
- Excellent analytical, team management skills and a problem-solving attitude
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent command of English and Somali language
- Computer proficiency especially in MS Office suite
- Possessing a strong degree of honesty and integrity, and a solid sense of ethics including the ability to appropriately handle confidential information
- A challenging job opportunity within a dynamic work environment in an international humanitarian organization
- Training and development opportunities
- A competitive salary with benefits, based on the ICRC Compensation and Benefits framework
Apply by sending your cover letter and CV addressed to the Human Resources Manager, ICRC Somalia Delegation, on the email address [email protected]. Your cover letter must indicate your current salary and your expected salary range. The closing date is 3rd February 2023. Clearly indicate the position title Assistant & IM Officer Nairobi in the subject line of your email message. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
NOTE THAT ONLY EMAILED APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Any enquiries about the position should be addressed to [email protected].**
The ICRC values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive working environment.
- Job City Nairobi