FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
Assistant Technical Officer-Monitoring & Evaluation
Job ID: 18757
Location: Banki, Borno
- Northeast Nigeria is currently facing a growing humanitarian crisis with a vast number of Internally Displaced Persons in need of emergency assistance.
- These IDPs are living among host communities, lacking access to livelihoods and resources, ultimately leading to unprecedented levels of malnutrition and food insecurity.
- FHI 360 has been working in Nigeria for over 30 years and is now expanding activities in Borno state to respond to the IDP crisis.
- The Assistant Technical Officer-M&E will assist in monitoring and evaluating and coordination of media and communication related activities at the assigned field site.
- Primary responsibilities include collecting information on project activities in each sector for proper documentation and reporting of activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with Field Coordinator to support the correct implementation and use of monitoring and evaluation tools, and adherence to complete, correct and timely reporting.
- Conduct routine monitoring visits to field site, including collecting data on program activities and assist in the preparation of weekly/monthly and quarterly reports.
- Provide direct technical assistance and capacity building in the design and implementation of the program/project Monitoring and Evaluation components of the activities in the field site served.
- Support all media and communication related activities including documentation and preparation of success stores and articles for publication
- Responsible for data entry of program inputs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS or similar Degree with 1 to 2 years’ relevant experience in monitoring and evaluation with a sound understanding of humanitarian assistance programming.
- Job City Maiduguri