Competitive salary plus benefits
At Tekano (from the Sesotho word for equity) we are committed to building a lifelong community of courageous changemakers who together will accelerate the eradication of inequity and injustice resulting in fairer, healthier and more inclusive societies. Our Fellows and Staff are accomplished leaders working in diverse settings and contexts, who together think, learn, incubate and implement strategies for greater impact. They are on top of developments within the social justice sector, with a keen eye on developments in the structural and socioeconomic determinants of health. We have a diversity of Fellows who are committed to being leaders of change in communities most impacted by health inequities. We provide them with the networks, architecture and resources to connect, learn and act to address the underlying systemic causes of inequity. To support, deepen and sustain our community’s impact at this critical juncture, we have two, new permanent roles:
1. Programme Manager: Year Long Fellowship
We are looking for a Programme Manager for our Year Long Fellowship Programme who will work closely with the Programme Director and the rest of the Programmes team in the co-ordination, development and delivery of the Fellowship Programme. You will be responsible for the planning, management and implementation of the Year Long Fellowship Programme; including the curriculum, the recruitment, induction and leadership development learnings of new Fellows annually. This will include collaborating with learning partners and other stakeholder’s integral to the delivery of the Programme.
2. Programme Manager: Lifelong Fellowship
We are looking for a Programme Manager for our Lifelong (alumni) Fellowship Programme who will work closely with the Programme Director and the rest of the Programmes team in the co-ordination, development and delivery of the Lifelong Programme. You will manage a strongly, globally connected lifelong community of Fellows and staff who together will amplify their impact in the world and ultimately accelerate the eradication of inequities. You will be responsible for the design and implementation of programmes in support of the work of Lifelong Fellows.
The core competencies for both Programme Managers include:
Consistent with all roles at Tekano, it is essential that you demonstrate a critical understanding of the diverse root causes of inequities and show a commitment (in thinking and in action) to fairer, healthier and more inclusive societies.
In addition, you will have the following skills and experience:
- Effective leadership skills, ability to motivate, engage and develop a team and community of purpose in an agile and complex environment
- Be well versed in the philosophy, pedagogy and learning approaches in adult education
- Strong project management and administration
- Excellent presentation, writing and analytical skills
- Demonstrated exceptional performance in contributing to high performing teams and guiding and managing staff
- A strong work ethic, professionalism, and attention to detail
- Strong intellectual capability with the capacity to engage with senior academics, business leaders, government officials, other leaders in a range of settings
- Ideally an Honours degree or an equivalent qualification in a thematic area relevant to Tekano’s mission and values
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a programme management role in an NGO environment with demonstrated success in transformative community engagement, strategy and programming for impact, with a strong gendered lens
We would be delighted if you view the full job description, and learn about Tekano by visiting our website at https://tekano.org.za
To apply, please submit the following, indicating which position you are applying for:
- A motivation letter
- A CV of no more than four (4) pages with three (3) contactable references
- A one-page statement on your views on health equity
per e-mail to at [email protected], with the position job title in the subject line.
Closing date: 12 October 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Selection will be a multi-phase process and may require additional submissions. If no notification of appointment is received within 2 months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Tekano is committed to affirmative action and employment equity. The right to modify job descriptions, titles and requirements or not to make an appointment is reserved.
- Job City Cape Town