This role will work collaboratively with members, partners and other departments of the Country office programme to ensure smooth management of development and humanitarian programme awards, sub awards and contracts. The post holder will work with others to ensure that SCI Sudan adheres to all its awards management and business development obligations internally within Save the Children and externally with donors.
Qualifications and experience
* Hands on Experience of Project Management
* Experience of and well developed skills in staff management, supervision and capacity building
* Proven track record of supporting a senior management team
* Degree in Project Management or equivalent degree in Finance (e.g. CA, ACMA, ACCA) strongly recommended
* Knowledge of the requirements of the major donors and experience in reporting to donors.
* Good attention to detail and analytical skills
* Computer literate (i.e. WORD, advanced Excel, Outlook, Internet Explorer, financial systems).
* Cultural awareness and ability to build relationships quickly with a wide variety of people
* Patient, adaptable, flexible, able to improvise and remain responsive and communicate clearly and effectively under pressure
* Excellent planning, management and coordination skills, with the ability to organise a workload comprised of varying and changing tasks and responsibilities
* Strong communication (written and spoken), and interpersonal skills in English, with experience in managing multicultural teams
* Experience with Save the Children award management system (AMS)
* Significant experience with NGOs in an international environment
* Fluent in Arabic (or other as appropriate)
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
* No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
* All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
* Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
- Job City Khartoum