The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is one of the largest humanitarian agencies in the world, providing relief, rehabilitation, and post-conflict reconstruction support to victims of oppression and violent conflict. IRC has worked for over seven decades in the world addressing both the immediate, life-saving needs of conflict-affected people in an emergency and the reconstruction needs in post-conflict societies. IRC is committed to a culture of bold leadership, innovation in all aspects of our work, creative partnerships and thorough accountability to those we serve.
Scope of work/ job purpose:
Under the direct supervision of Program Manager, the Business skills Trainer Officer will supervise the livelihood activities in the Shire refugee camps (Adi Harush and Mai Aini Camps)The Business skills Trainer will be responsible for the implementation of integrated entrepreneurship education for women and girls in May-ayni and Adi-harush camp. He/she will also be responsible to monitor and evaluate the progress of the trainees throughout the training, at the end of the training session, business plan development, startup capital provision, and small business establishment.
Detailed responsibility and tasks:
- Develop lesson plans and training materials and revise the business and life skills curriculum to meet trainees’ need.
- Deliver training for women and girls on basic business and life skills based on developed curriculum.
- Conduct follow-up with trainees to answer any questions and ensure that curricula are being implemented correctly and effectively
- Respond to requests for additional training or facilitation
- Work with the CWI staff to adapt the curriculum to the needs of women and girls.
- Conduct post-training assessments upon the completion of each training and support the trainees in developing their own business plan.
- Conduct follow up meetings with graduates and provide technical support in the process of setting up small businesses.
- Conduct follow-up and a mentoring visit to graduates starting a small business.
- Organize special learning events for trainees by inviting guest speakers to positively influence them.
- Organize/arrange special events for trainees to display their talents, business ideas, traditional skills products, etc.
- Prepare and revise action plans to support mentoring activities.
- Prepare monthly progress reports and provide analysis and recommendations on the training/education offered.
- Ensure and follow up the procurement of program inputs for proper implementation of the training program.
- Prepare and submit success as well as challenges of the training along with monthly progress reports.
- Assist in Community Well-being Initiative Response and Prevention activities when requested by the CWI field team.
- Any other duties and responsibilities that can be given by immediate and technical supervisors.
- First degree with 2 years of experience in business studies, social science field, youth development and /or any other Social science related field. Or diploma with 5 years of experience. 1 years of relevant experience plus post graduate degree.
- NGO experience is a plus.
- Fluent spoken and written English and local language.
- Able to always maintain GBV and protection principles – including knowledge and practical application of the GBV Guiding Principles and PSEA.
- Familiarity working in the region is an advantage.
- Job City My’ayni and Adi-harush, Tigray