Caritas Switzerland (CACH) is an international humanitarian organization which has been supporting various projects/programs in Ethiopia since 1974. CACH is registered by Charities and Societies Agency (License # 3676) according to the proclamation of the country with major focus in WASH, Livelihood, and humanitarian Aid.
Caritas Switzerland (CACH) is desirous to hire qualified contracting firm on competitive basis in accordance with the terms and conditions illustrated in the Terms of Reference (ToR) prepared for this contracting service.
The main objective of this bid document is to identify eligible and competent contracting firm/s for the Design, supply, installation, testing and commissioning of solar photovoltaic water pumping with all its accessories according to attached specifications. The first pilot system has a size of 4 – 7.5kW pump with respective energy supply.
- Design, supply, installation, testing and commissioning of solar water pumping and piping system along with comprehensive maintenance for a period of two years at the project site on contract basis.
- Free replacement of defective components of solar water pumping system within the maintenance contract period after commissioning for proper running of the system with the designed flow as per the specification of the system components.
- Provision of detailed planning with milestone charts for smooth and timely execution of the project.
- The selected bidder shall establish a contact information for providing timely services to the beneficiaries. The contract information will be provided to the beneficiaries for the registration of complaints and failure information regarding solar water pumping system.
- Bidder should note that obtaining permissions from statutory bodies wherever required for execution of works, shall be entirely in bidder’s scope.
- Optional: Provision of a remote monitoring system
- The major components of the solar water pumping system such as Solar Panels, pumps, inverter / controller for which the test report shall be submitted in the bid document supplied by the bidder.
- Provision of operation and elementary failure maintenance manual in local language (Oromiffa)
- The bidder shall have at least 5 years of experience in the background of solar energy and 10 years in the background of water pumps
- Give training for operation and elementary maintenance of system to nominated representative of the beneficiaries
How to Apply
Therefore, interested Contracting Firms (not individuals) who fulfil the following criteria can collect the ToR from CACH Country Office starting from Wendsday, May 20th, 2020. Deadline to submit technical and financial Offer is Friday May 29th, 2020 at 12:00pm.
CACH reserves the right to fully or partially cancel this bid for consultancy service.
Address: Caritas Switzerland, Ethiopia Office, Bole Sub-City, Woreda 05, G.B. Building, 2nd/3rd floor, Addis Ababa, Phone: +251 (0) 116 67 22 73
- Job City Addis Ababa