Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
Community Mobilization Assistant
The Community Mobilization Assistant will report to the Community Mobilization Officer and be responsible for the identifying and training key community health volunteers, ensure the functionality and linkage to health facilities. The CMA will also ensure the implementation of Community Management of Acute Malnutrition within the communities.
The successful candidate will;
- Have a minimum of HND in Health Education or related field.
- Be a female with experience in CMAM and community mobilization.
- Have a minimum of 1 year experience within the humanitarian sector.
- Have the ability and willingness to frequently travel to villages and stay at the field.
- Have the willingness and capacity to be flexible and accommodating when faced with difficult and frustrating working conditions like long distance walking to screening sites.
- Be capable to supervise and coach community volunteers.
- Have the ability to work in an environment where there are physical discomforts associated with change in weather or discomforts associated with noise, dust or dirt.
- Be professional, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible and, culturally sensitive.
- Have excellent team, budget and project management and representation competencies.
- Be resident of community area (LGA) of work, networks within community
- Be proficient with local languages (Kanuri, Fulani).
- Have a previous NGO experience managing mobilization in different interventions (i.e. cash transfers, wash, Nutrition) preferably.
Please note only female candidates are encouraged to apply for this position.
- Job City Borno State