The Data Analyst/Scientist will support project teams in the collection and analysis of robust datasets from health systems, leveraging these insights for research purposes and integrating findings into research papers. Responsible for employing advanced analytical techniques, managing data pipelines, and driving decision-making processes across all projects, this role plays a crucial part in utilizing data-driven approaches to further scientific research.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify and define key performance indicators (KPIs);
- Coordinate the collection of project-specific data, both qualitative and quantitative, from various sources;
- Conduct data cleaning and in-depth analysis on various projects to derive actionable insights;
- Conduct data interpretation using appropriate statistical tools and techniques;
- Ensure data quality and integrity through rigorous validation and verification processes;
- Identify trends, patterns, and gaps related to projects and provide insights for decision-making;
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting of findings to project teams;
- Prepare reporting and documentation for data analytics results, findings, algorithms, and/or techniques;
- Contribute to the development of comprehensive project reports, including the integration of project-specific findings and recommendations;
- Collaborate with stakeholders to align data analysis with project objectives and organizational goals;
- Facilitate knowledge sharing and learning within the SCIDaR and global communities of practice, documenting best practices, lessons learned, and success stories to facilitate learning;
- Support the organization of workshops, seminars, and other platforms for sharing organizational learning, insights, and experiences.
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA, or Master’s Degree in Applied Statistics, Data Analytics and Information Systems Management, Development Studies, Public Health, Social Sciences, or a related field;
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in data analytics/science or related research roles, demonstrating their ability to analyze data, and contribute to reporting;
- Proficiency in R, Python, SPSS, and STATA for statistical analysis and modelling;
- Experience using visualization tools like PowerBI, Tableau, and Looker to present complex data;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail;
- Experience in preparing reports, documenting findings into research papers or publications;
- Excellent communication skills to convey complex findings to diverse audiences and to different stakeholders;
- Ability to work collaboratively in cross-functional teams;
- Understanding of data security and compliance standards in healthcare settings.
To apply for the position, please send an email with a cover letter and corresponding CV to [email protected] on or before December 15, 2023. Kindly state the role in the subject of your email as ‘Data Analyst, Abuja’