The Millennium Water Alliance (MWA) www.mwawater.orgis a permanent global alliance of leading humanitarian, research, and business organizations that convene a trusted network and serve as a hub for collective impact, accelerate learning, and influencepriorities and funding to scale sustained WASH services and resilience globally. MWA and its members collectively serve over 50 million people in over 100 countries and are leading advocates for greater water and sanitation commitments by governments and the private sector.
MWA seeks an experienced Driver Officer who will be responsible for driving MWA Vehicles in compliance with MWA’s Fleet policy and procedures and the Kenyan Law while ensuring safety of passengers on board He/she will also be responsible for taking care of the assigned vehicle(s) in all aspects including ascertaining that the vehicle(s) is in excellent condition before each trip, checking the validity of vehicle insurance, checking the security situation in the areas of operation before each trip and filing defect or repair requests as appropriate. Under the supervision of the Fleet and Logistics Officer, the Driver will be based in Nairobi, Kenya with frequent travel to the field locations that are mainly located in the Arid and Semi-Arid counties of Kenya.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Accountable for all parts and accessories fitted in assigned vehicles.
- Prepare vehicle performance, maintenance, and repair reports, and submit as required.
- Ensure the implementation of vehicle maintenance plans.
- Plan to meet anticipated travel requirements and make all arrangements for ensuring efficient services (fuelling, pre-travel checks, required travel documents, required equipment, spare parts, and tools, vehicle cleaning, persons traveling for packing instructions and timings).
- Ensure copies of daily mileage logs, pen and clipboard are readily available in all assigned vehicles. Promptly collect filled in daily mileage logs to avoid loss or defacing.
- On a monthly basis, compile a summary of the mileage log and submit it to the Fleet and Logistics Officer for review.
- Routinely check all assigned vehicles licenses, insurances, and other required documents and promptly advice when renewals are due.
- Transport MWA staff and visitors as instructed, observing local traffic and road safety laws and all MWA vehicle policies to ensure safety of passengers and luggage, and quality and courteous services. Report immediately any accidents and/or route changes due to security, bad weather, road conditions. Maintain and submit accurate records for all trips.
- Ensure assigned vehicles are secured when not in use.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- At least “O” level certificate, with a minimum pass of DIV III, or Grade C in Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE).
- Certification in Defensive Driving is mandatory.
- Knowledge and experience in vehicle maintenance and repairs. A certificate in mechanical repairs is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 6 years work experience in a similar position.
- Experience in driving across the arid and semi-arid counties of Kenya is desired.
- Valid accident-free driving license Class B, C, E with a minimum of 4 years of long-distance and off-road driving experience.
- Knowledge of Nairobi City roads, location of government offices, major hotels, airports and major donor and NGO offices is mandatory.
- Valid certificate of Good Conduct is mandatory.
- Certificate in first aid is mandatory.
Personal Skills and Abilities
- Flexibility to travel under difficult circumstances.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team and interact with people in different cadres of society including the target communities.
- Service-oriented and excellent in timekeeping.
- Well-organized, neat and able to manage multiple tasks.
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented, and results-oriented.
- Demonstrated commitment to respect, equity, diversity, and inclusion including gender equality.
This position is open to Kenyan Nationals Only
Interested candidates should submit applications via email to [email protected] with the email subject as Driver by 26th February 2024. The application should include a cover letter and a detailed CV with three references.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.