Position: Driver – UPLIFT Project
Report to: Project Manager
Location: Kampala – National Office
Purpose of the position:
To drive authorized UPLIFT project passengers, transport goods and services (information) and check the mechanical condition of the Project vehicle regularly and act accordingly in line with World Vision policies.
- Drive project authorized passengers to specified destinations as approved by the supervisor in line with World Vision vehicle usage policy.
- Deliver project packages, goods and mails and any other information to specified people, places and offices in line with World Vision policies.
- Check project vehicle status/condition e.g. engine oil, water, nuts, battery water, license, Third Party Insurance, brakes, tyre pressure etc prior to any journey and carry out regular vehicle repairs e.g. correcting hard start, tightening bolts and nuts, topping up battery water, etc in line with World Vision policy.
- Monitor the security of project vehicle, authorized passengers and luggage in line with the vehicle policy.
- Report all major and minor damages and accidents on project vehicle at hand to the supervisor in line with World Vision vehicle policies.
- Prepare and submit project vehicle monthly reports in line with the World Vision Vehicle Policy.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by supervisor from time to time.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Holds O level certificate.
- Holds a valid driving permit.
- Has three years of driving experience.
- Ability to prioritize work in relation to need and urgency.
- A working knowledge of fax machine, photocopier, computer and telephone preferred.
- Job City Kampala