National Sea Rescue Institute is a nonprofit organisation that has a goal to prevent drowning through education, through preventative measures and through rescue. The Organisation updates and improves on their skills and techniques and we continuously investigate new technologies. The organisation visits schools around the country teaching children about water safety, what to do in an emergency and how to do basic hands-on CPR. Sea Rescue has built an online training centre for our crew and extended this platform to include free courses for the public as well. other preventative measures include emergency signage, Pink Rescue Buoys for flotation, Lifeguards and active patrols during peak season.
Sea Rescue seeks to appoint Drowning Prevention Coordinator, to be based in Western Cape.
Remuneration: R 366 366 Gross Annual
Appointment Date: 1 May 2019
Report to: Drowning Prevention Manager
- Drowning Prevention strategies including Water Safety Education for Children, Survival Swimming and Pink Rescue Buoy programmes
- Improve and monitor the NSRI’s Water Safety programme, refining and finalising our Survival Swimming manual /programme and the monitoring and expanding our Pink Rescue Buoy programme
- Present drowning prevention strategies to diverse groups of people around the country in support of the vision, mission and strategy of the institute
- The post is suited to a person with leadership qualities who is diligent
- Discipline, strong administrative and communication skills are a must
- Computer literacy is essential, with a proven ability with Microsoft products especially (Word, PowerPoint and Excel) where the use of formulas is expected
- Working knowledge of Google Earth will be expected
- Course management, development and presentation skills (planning, leading, designing, organising, communication)
- Course content development and presentation (online / manuals)
- Writing media releases
- Ability to present to various groups including adults and children around South Africa is a must
- Should have a matric, as well as a diploma or degree and two years’ experience in administration and / or teaching and/ or another relevant field
- Must have a police clearance certificate
- Driver’s license required. PDP will be an advantage
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve, as well as the ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds is required
To apply, submit a letter of introduction together with your CV and three contactable references to [email protected] with the subject line: Drowning Prevention Coordinator: Cape Town
SRI is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.
This is a Cape Town based position and relocation expenses are not offered.
The Gross Annual Amount includes 13 cheques / pays.
Deductions that come off this include 7% pension, 50% of the monthly medical aid premium and 1 % UIF. Benefits over and above the annual amount include 8% pension, 50% medical aid 1 % UIF, as well as death and disability cover. Errors and Omissions Excepted.
Canvassing by job applicants, or any other person on behalf of a job applicant, for the post is prohibited and evidence thereof will disqualify the applicant’s application for consideration for appointment.
- Job City Western Cape