Education Technical Specialist
Save the Children International is currently recruiting for the, Education Technical Specialist at our Country Office in Kampala.
The Education Specialist is responsible for providing technical advisory services and completing tasks related to the design and implementation of Save the Children Uganda’s work in Basic Education, ECCD and Safe Schools. The role is designed to support the Head of Education to provide technical and strategic leadership for SC Uganda’s Education Programme and to ensure that all SC Education programmes and projects are of high quality, are relevant and have impact for children, families and communities. Reporting to the Head of Education, the post holder will support programme development, provide technical capacity building to project teams and partners, lead and contribute to MEAL activities, carry-out and support project monitoring and implementation, and represent at and support national and district-level advocacy and coordination activities. In the eve nt of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile.
To be successful for this role, you will have/bring the following:
* Bachelor degree (Education/ECCD) from a recognized institution. A relevant postgraduate qualification will be an added advantage.
* 3 years or more demonstrated experience in the design, implementation and monitoring of education programmes in an international development context.
* 3 years or more demonstrated experience in teaching and teacher professional development in domestic and/or international contexts.
* Up to date with recent development in Education sector.
* Well-developed understanding of key issues in basic education and related issues in Uganda
* Demonstrated skills in needs assessment, monitoring and evaluation, report writing, and proposal development
* Understanding of child rights principles.
* Strong analytical and conceptual skills and the ability to think and plan strategically.
* Excellent communication skills and well-developed inter-personal and advisory skills, including the demonstrated ability to guide and influence colleagues and others face to face and from a distance.
* Ability to travel at short notice, occasionally to remote and insecure locations, frequently and extensively (around 40% of time).
* Ability to work successfully with minimal administrative support
* Strong IT skills including Microsoft Office
* Understanding of and commitment to Save the Children’s mission, values and child rights-based programming approaches.
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document. Please apply online by following this link https://uganda.savethechildren.net/careers indicating 3 referees, two of whom should have been your direct supervisors.
Important to note:
Testimonials/certificates SHOULD NOT be attached to application that is submitted online. Hand delivered applications will not be accepted and are therefore not considered during the shortlisting process. Application closes on September 25, 2019 at midnight Uganda time. We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
- Job City Kampala