COOPI is looking for a Country Administrator in Ethiopia
In Ethiopia, COOPI started working in 1995. COOPI Ethiopia is currently implementing numerous projects in the sectors of (i) Water supply, Hygiene and Sanitation (WASH); (ii) Food Security and Livelihoods; (iii) Shelter & Settlement ;(iv) Energy and Environment protection
Description of the role
The Country Administrator (CA) is responsible for supervision, management and quality implementation of all aspects of COOPI financial and administrative operations in the country by preparing the coordination budget and controlling the projects’ budgets. The CA will also contribute at managing the relationship with the institutional partners and stakeholders with specific reference to the authorization requests and to the procurement.
Budget planning and monitoring
- Planning and Coordination budget control: preparation and regular verification of the trend of the general coordination and any area coordination’s budget; monitoring of the sustainability of all coordination’s and field offices under the country coordination responsibility;
- Budget preparation and projects’ economic-financial control for new projects;
- Goods management: sustainability and correct management verification, assuring the correct application of the organization’s procedures in relation to purchases and goods management.
Financial management and control
- Financial management: supervision and control of the cash management and the cash flow to the projects;
- Projects’ economic-financial monitoring: regularly check the economic-financial performance of projects;
- Financial reporting and audit: finalize and control all intermediate and final financial reports to be transmitted to the donors, responsible for the correct financial reporting; responsible for the preparation and execution of audits conducted in the country, and for the transmission to the headquarters of all project documents to be audited in the HQ; responsible for the preparation of annual audits for headquarters and local authorities;
- Liaison with local authorities: ensure that all administrative and financial procedures in relation with local authorities are timely and properly executed, from the visas of the staff to the registration and financial reporting processes.
- Local staff management and local and expatriate staff administration;
- Ensure the onboarding of administrative staff, for the technical part;
- Supervise the performance of project administrators and local administrative staff;
- Monitor and carry out in-person or distance training of project administrators and local administrative staff;
- Evaluate expatriate administrative staff.
- Supervise preparation of contracts with suppliers and any other contract issued by the coordination office. Ensure that contractual commitments are accurately tracked;
- Provide assistance to project managers and logistics team in procurement process and ensure that all procurements are done according to COOPI and Donor Procedures;
- Ensure budget availability of expenditures and that appropriate authorizations are in place.
- University degree in relevant subjects;
- A minimum of five years of relevant working experience is required;
- At least three years of demonstrated successful experience in international relief and development in a similar position is required;
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication, negotiation skills, multi-tasking and organizational skills;
- Experience in liaising with governmental/local authorities, IOs and NGOs;
- Demonstrated ability to work in stressful environments and under pressure;
- Proven capacity in managing a team is essential;
- Fluency in English language;
- Computer literate.
- Experience in logistics, procurement and security matters is a strong advantage;
- Experience in managing complex consortium/partnerships is an advantage;
- Experience in working in conflict-prone environments a plus;
- Fluency in Italian.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the application closing date, once a sufficient number of applications have been received.
Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will be conducted on rolling basis and the vacancy will be closed when filled, thanks for understanding.
Cooperazione Internazionale (COOPI) is an Italian humanitarian non-governmental organization founded in Milan in 1965. For more than 50 years of long-term support and constant presence in the field, COOPI has been engaged in breaking the cycle of poverty and responding to specific emergencies in numerous sectors, including Food Security, Humanitarian Aid, Health, Socio-Economical Services, Water and Sanitation, Human Rights, Education and Training, Migrations and Sustainable Energy.
- Job City Addis Ababa