FilmAid is an international development and humanitarian communications organization that harnesses the power and influence of media and the arts to respond to emergencies as well as promote social change through dialogue in order to protect the wellbeing of displaced and vulnerable populations by building stronger, healthier, and more informed communities around the world. FilmAid has been using the power of film and media for 19 years. Its work in social behavior change communication (SBCC) spans more than 12 years. FilmAid has been working in Dadaab and Kakuma refugee camps for 18 years with a wealth of knowledge in behavior and attitudes of refugees and hosting communities concerning their health and social habits.
To promote, position and lead the execution of FilmAid’s theory of social change through strategic distribution of content and skill development targeting community members and to coordinate and manage field operations and optimise the utilisation of FilmAid’s resources.
· Manage and provide leadership in the implementation of FilmAid’s strategic plan at field level.
· Responsible for the design of humanitarian and development communications projects in Kakuma and the surrounding counties.
· Provide effective coordination of projects and programmes thought well developed and executed plans.
· Establish and maintain an effective programme reporting system. The reports should enlighten, inspire and record compliance for internal and external use, and contain data of sufficient quality to be valid for evaluation.
· Ensure a community participatory methodology is maintained in all activities as envisioned in various existing protocols and guidelines.
· Responsible for fiscal oversight, admin and staff management.
· Responsible for the security and safety of all Kakuma program staff and organization’s assets.
· Responsible for enforcing a corruption, fraud and exploitation free programme by enforcing policies that mitigate the aforementioned risks.
Under the overall supervision of the Country Director
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, International Development or any other relevant social and behavioural science discipline.
- At least 4 years work experience on humanitarian or development sector managing communication for development.
- Public Relations / Marketing/ Networking abilities and relationship maintenance skills.
· Training in humanitarian principles including CHS and Sphere standards.
· Training in security management within humanitarian sector.
· Effective leadership, management and supervision.
Skills & Competencies:
· Strategic planning skills.
· Financial planning & management skills.
· Relationship building and maintenance skills.
· Leadership and management skills.
· Problem solving & decision making skills.
· Performance standard setting & monitoring skills.
· Communication and interpersonal skills.
· Diplomacy skills.
· Investment knowledge and skills.
Interested and qualified persons with the required experience are invited to submit their applications with only Cover Letter, CV and 3 references to Email address: [email protected] on or before 30th October, 2019. Please indicate on the subject line of you application as ‘Field Manager-Kakuma’.
Note that applicants who send letters of references, testimonials or any other documents apart from those requested will be automatically disqualified.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
FilmAid is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Job City Kakuma