LG004 FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION ASSISTANT (National Position)
Duty Station: Garowe
Availability: As soon as possible
Post category: Assistant level
Group classification: 2
Monthly Salary scale: $ 797 for 1 year experience up to $ 1.307 for 35 years (for fulltime)
The Finance Assistant will be under the direct supervision of Finance and Administration Officer in the Field Office or, in her/his absence, of the Head of Field Office.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
· Assist the International Finance and Administration Officer in the daily work;
· Keeps record of all in and out documents, correspondence and ensuring follow up
· Takes minutes at meetings and conferences, as well as prepares draft reports, documents, speaking points, etc.
· Liaises and cooperates on financial issues with the relevant departments
· Monitor that each expense is in line with criteria of eligibility as well as the relevant regulations and directives (Financial Regulations, Guide to Missions, European Commission’s Communications related to employment of personnel, local labour law etc.)
· Liaises and cooperates on financial and accounting issues with all other relevant Units and Departments, as instructed
· Performs and carries out other tasks and duties required or requested by her/his line manager and/or the Head of Mission Support.
Essential Qualifications and Experience
· Successful completion of a secondary education attested by a certificate;
· After having fulfilled the education requirements, a minimum of 3 years of professional
· Excellent level of written and spoken English and Somali is a requirement;
· Excellent knowledge and experience of MS Office Suite Package.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Able to work remotely with minimal supervision when needed, self-organize and deliver high quality results;
· Teamwork oriented;
· Time management and problem solving skills;
· Good interpersonal and communication skills;
· Strong sense of confidentiality and discretion in dealing with staff-related matters and/or financial issues;
· Punctuality, reliability.
Desirable Qualifications and Experience
· A professional qualification in Finance or equivalent academic or professional training would be an asset;
- Previous work experience with an international organisation would be an asset;
- Excellent administration and organisational skills;
- Works methodically, accurately and with attention to details as well as to tight deadlines;
- Is used to work on a multitude of activities at the same time and with limited supervision;
- Ability to work under stress and willingness to work long irregular hours
- Good experience of using data for preparing reports;
· Mandatory requirement to pass security clearances and medical checks.
- Job City Garowe