iDE (https://www.ideglobal.org/) creates income and livelihood opportunities for poor households and currently operates in 11 countries. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, USA, with offices in Canada and the UK, iDE began operations in Mozambique in January 2010 with the goal of improving the income and livelihood opportunities of the rural poor and uses an integrated, value-chain development approach to implement agricultural development initiatives that increase productivity and income for smallholder farmers.
iDE Mozambique is currently seeking a Finance & Operations Manager (FOM) to support the management of several donor-funded programs. This position is based in Maputo.
Scope of Work: Under the supervision of the iDE Mozambique Country Director and HQ Finance, the FOM will manage finance and operations of iDE Mozambique office and country programs and supervise finance and operations staff. The FOM will also produce financial reports and ensure compliance with key donor requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Oversee day-to-day operations and financial management of iDE Mozambique activities.
· Provides ongoing accounting and financial updates/feedback to the Regional Finance Manager at the HQ office.
· Prepare daily/monthly journal entries and ensure that expenditures are properly accurately allocated to projects prior to post into the financial system.
· Develop cash flow monitoring tools to efficiently track and improve cash management
· Ensures monthly projects’ revenue recognitions are done properly and grant accounts are reconciled monthly
· Reviews and reconciles intercompany accounts on a monthly basis; communicates with the Regional Finance Manager at the HQ office on any discrepancies
· Refine and implement financial systems and procedures for program management and delivery consistent with donor requirements.
· Manages all budget preparations by working closely with operations, technical and programs colleagues using iDE’s financial system, monitoring, implementation, and reporting financial items to HQ Office and Donors.
· Support the Country Director and senior technical staff in the development of detailed annual work plans and budgets
· Ensure that all budgets are accurate and submitted in a timely manner to HQ Office.
· Contribute in preparation and timely submission of donor required deliverables and milestones.
· Support project management at a strategic level to identify resources necessary to meet the organization’s goals and deliverables.
· Create organizational and program budgets; monitor expenses against program budgets, and provide precise reports throughout project implementation and close-out.
· Monitor project resources to ensure timely requests/transfers of funds from HQ as appropriate.
· Prepare consolidated reports on the overall financial progress of programs for donors and HQ finance.
· Maintain effective linkages between technical components and finance and administrative functions within the organization.
· Manage overall accounting and booking for the organization and ensure that financial records are up to date and accurate.
· Prepare for annual audit and lead with auditors to complete annual audit reports.
· Oversee logistics and assist in effective implementation in the field.
· Continually refine financial and operations procedures in line with HQ guidance for all programs and train staff on these procedures to ensure sound management.
· Provide senior administrative support to project procurement responsibilities including the management of vendor relationships and ensure compliance with iDE policies and procedures.
· Support operations staff in recruitment of local staff and management of local personnel files.
· Supervise finance and operations staff located in Maputo and in the field offices in central and northern regions of Mozambique, including periodic travel to these regions for on-site supervision.
· Advanced Degree in Finance, Business, Economics or other related field preferred.
· Minimum of 5 years’ professional experience in financial and operational/strategic management (budgeting, accounting, auditing) of donor funded projects.
· Minimum of three years of supervisory experience, including direct supervision and mentoring of a team of staff.
· ACCA or CPA preferred.
· Demonstrated knowledge of one or more bi-lateral donors’ rules, regulations, and policies (USAID, DFID, SIDA, etc.) and experience developing and managing donor grant agreements and/or subcontracts.
· Ability to systematically break down complex problems, complete an assessment of options and propose the optimal situation.
· Ability to collect and analyze financial data and produce coherent reports for donors and suppliers.
· Ability to employ flexibility and creative when faced with challenges.
· Strong analytical and organizational skills.
· Competent at working with teams and staff/contacts that may be in different locations, eg headquarters staff, local office staff and regionally based staff.
· Proficient in accounting software. iDE uses Sun Systems.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point and preference for Access).
· Ability to work with minimum supervision and in a multicultural setting.
· Fluency in Portuguese and English required.
Please apply at https://hire.withgoogle.com/public/jobs/ideglobalorg/view/P_AAAAAADAAAhE… and include a CV (2-3 pages) and a cover letter (1 page). The deadline for submission is June 28, 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. iDE is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on grounds of race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation
- Job City Maputo