Catholic Relief Services
Europe/Middle East and Central Asia Region
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Department: Finance Department
Band: Grade 4
Reports To: Finance Manager
Country/Location: Garden City
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
CRS Egypt country program began in 1956 at the invitation of the Egyptian president Nasser by providing relief assistance to the victims of the Suez War. Over the following few decades, CRS Egypt moved from large-scale food relief to long-term poverty alleviation and development programs.
Currently, CRS Egypt has three main programs: livelihoods, interfaith peacebuilding, and education assistance for refugees. Projects under these programs range from the provision of technical assistance and capacity building to partners, the promotion of peace and tolerance, the provision of educational grants for refugees, and the protection and safeguarding of children.
Additional programming includes Emergency Preparedness and Response projects that arise as need be. A regional Management Quality unit assists the CP support department in developing and maintaining the highest level of operations standards.
CRS Egypt currently holds a main office in Cairo, and a field-office in Maadi.
You will efficiently provide comprehensive information, clerical, and accounting services to assist the Finance Department in executing processes and delivering service needs that support high-quality programs serving the poor and vulnerable. As part of an experienced finance team you will deliver quality support in your role, applying clearly defined accounting and financial reporting processes, procedures and service standards.
· Reviewing and complete standard financial documents (vouchers, wire transfer requests, checks, etc.) and performing the data entry for financial transactions recording under Insight Oracle financial system.
· Provide administrative and clerical support to financial transactions processing. Prepare, type, photocopy, and scan related documentation. File accounting and financial reporting documentation as instructed.
· Prepare bank reconciliation for all bank accounts and submit to Finance Manager for review.
· Compile supporting documentation (liquidation/receipt package) to support processing of financial transactions. Communicate with staff, subrecipients, partners, suppliers to follow up on required documents.
· Keep custody of various documents (e.g. blank/undelivered checks, fuel coupons, etc.).
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
· Graduate degree in a respective field such as Accounting, Finance, Financial Management.
· Professional diploma/Certificate or courses in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or Business Administration a plus.
· Minimum of two years’ work experience in a similar role with some familiarity of standard accounting practices. Experience with an international organization a plus.
· Experience using MS Office packages, in particular Excel and Word. Hands-on experience with data entry into online databases and forms.
· Excellent organizational skills with great attention to detail
· Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
· Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results-oriented. Able to meet deadlines.
· Strong customer service ethic and abilities. Ability to work collaboratively.
Required/Desired Foreign Language Excellent command in English and Arabic.
Travel Required Job requires travel to field (defined as outside of Cairo metropolitan area), Upper and Lower Egypt, to implement and assist partners and follow up projects (approximately 20%). More frequent travel required to sites within Cairo metropolitan area.
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Finance Manager, Finance Officer, Head of Operation, Country Representative, Regional Finance Officer and others.
External: Partner Organizations, Local Banks, Local Taxation and Social Security Authorities, Auditors.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
• Continuous Improvement & Innovation
• Builds Relationships
• Develops Talent
• Strategic Mindset
• Accountability & Stewardship
****Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.*
Disclaimer: *This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position**.*
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Job City Egypt