The Gender officer is responsible in mainstreaming gender in DOT Ethiopia’s program activities and advise the CD and senior managers in developing supporting policies and program strategies. s/he is focal person for all gender related activities in the organization and provides support to field staffs and partners organization in their gender mainstreaming activities.
- Support the development of program statement, to be endorsed Ьу senior management, which provides а framework and strategy for the country program оn gender mainstreaming.
- Conduct а gender audit and analysis in order to develop evolving gender strategy and
dynamic approach for gender mainstreaming.
- Gather evidence frorn DOT Ethiopia staff, interns, and partner organizations at all Ievels, as well as participants about gender and entrepreneurship, and the business environment that affects women.
- Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed gender objectives and strategies.
- Set priorities for the country program in terms of gender mainstreaming.
- Ensure the appropriate allocation of time and resources for gender and development matters in the organisation.
- Assess risks in terms of implementing gender related interventions.
- Identify regional and international good practices in supporting women business start- ups and share in knowledge and experience sharing platforms.
- Assist Program teams and field officers in promoting gender and development activities in capacity building programs.
- In collaboration with the learning and program manager prepare capacity development activities and training manual, gender mainstreaming guideline or tools and other relevant documents/publication.
- Facilitate gender and business development courses, workshops and trainings.
- Contribute to the collection, processing and dissemination of effective gender mainstreaming practices to support the implementation of programs.
- Coordinate and network with stakeholders, partners and other institutions working on gender and development.
- Represent the organization in gender related platforms
- Create and/or facilitate the creation of promotional materials and messages in relation to women entrepreneurs learning and success stories.
- Ensure regular reporting and communications against gender equality strategic
objectives and targets.
- Work with stakeholders and partners to ensure common understanding of expectations, deliverables, complementarities, and risks.
- Support program director in the strategic communications plan and production of publications and regular reporting activities in cooperation with the communications teams, field staffs as well as external resources.
- Ensure that regional plans, budgets and reports sufficiently capture gender related
objectives and results of programme interventions.
- Communicates effectively with staffs, interns and partners to identify needs and develop alternatives business solutions supporting women.
Monitoring, evaluation and learning
- Coordinate with DOT Ethiopia М&Е team and ensure that women’ specific targets аrе properly and regularly monitored.
- Support M&E team in monitoring and evaluation plan to track results of ReachUp!, StartUp! and Scale Up! Programmes оп women entrepreneurs.
- Maintain regular interaction with partners and stakeholders for feedback and suggestions оп project implementation, programming and programme effectiveness.
- A minimum of Bachelor Degree in development & Gender studies, Social Sciences or related field.
- At least 4 years’ direct experience in the area;
- Knowledge and exposure to a range of gender and development issues and ability to evaluate and integrate gender equality strategic objectives into broader programme strategies.
- Experience of working in NGOs, public and private sector development;
- Strong research and analytical skills as well as writing and communication skills in English.
- Experience and/ or capacity as a trainer/ facilitator
- ·Good interpersonal skills and cross-cultural sensitivity
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience in urban programmes, youth and women economic empowerment;
- Strong ability to communicate effectively in oral and in writing, work independently and as part of the team, and work effectively with co-workers, partner agencies and the private sectors;
- Computer proficiency in MS word, excel, and power point.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants may directly send application letter together with updated CV through [email protected] until July 31, 2019.
Note: only qualified applicant will be contacted.
- Job City Addis Ababa