The South African National Aids Council (SANAC) leads South Africa’s response to the national HIV and AIDS, TB & STIs epidemics. SANAC is building a dynamic team that can facilitate its effective leadership of the national response.
SANAC seeks to appoint a Grants Coordinator to be based in Pretoria.
Reporting to: Contracts Manager
Duration: Three years
The successful candidate will provide support in ensuring the monitoring of appropriate systems for the effective and efficient management of SANAC grants.
- Review the grantees that have been shortlisted and ensures that all grantees have due diligence checklist documentation
- Maintain a database for all grants applications and successful grantees
- Update a master list of grantee details
- Coordinate the adjudication process of proposals and grant requests.
- Assist the Contracts Manager in building capacity within successful grantee organisations
- Implement capacity building plans as required by donor applicant organisations
- Mentor and provide ongoing support to grantee organisations on a daily basis
- Make recommendations for future/longer term capacity building interventions and needs
- Monitor capacity building progress and provide input in order for SANAC Trust to identify gaps and provide continuous support
- Ensure required reporting documentation are submitted by the grantees timeously (technical and financial reporting)
- Review grantee expenditure monthly and ensures that all expenditures are compliant
- Conduct monthly risk and compliance assessments on grantees
- Ensure grantees submit technical implementation reports quarterly
- Liaise with Provincial staff to ensure proper support is provided to the grantees
- Ensures grantees submit all tools and materials developed including registers
- Compile grantee documentation for signature and ensure signed documentation are in place and kept on record for auditing purposes.
- Ensures that the SANAC Trust grants team meet once a month
- Ensures that grantees maintain proper documentation for audit purposes at the grantee offices
- Ensures that there are electronic and physical copies of all grantee documentation at SANAC Trust offices
- Oversee a proper filing system of all grantee contracts, amendments and schedule of visits
- Once a grantee is completely closed out, ensures that the files are complete and all required documentation are on hand
- Liaise with managers, institutions, sectors and partners to manage stakeholder expectations and relations
- Manage internal and external correspondence for the unit
- Prepare and supply required information to external and internal auditors
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Three years working experience in grants management or equivalent.
- Experience working in the NGO/NPO sector
- Minimum five years of experience in health systems management
- Qualified Trainer would be advantageous
- Communication skills
- Report writing skills
- Knowledge of contract law
- Computer literate (MS Office)
- Knowledge of PFMA requirements
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with diverse cultures and communities
- Have great communication, writing and reporting skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Show initiative and be deadline-driven
- Planning and organisational skills
- South African citizenship is required
To apply, submit your applications to [email protected] quoting the position on the subject line of the email.
Applicants who do not comply with the above-mentioned requirements, as well as applications received late or faxed will not be considered.
Correspondence will only be conducted with the short-listed candidates.
If you have not been contacted within two months of the closing date of the advertisement, consider your application as unsuccessful.
SANAC gives preference to South African candidates who meet the job requirement and who will add to the culture and gender diversity of the organisation. Suitable candidates will be subjected to a personnel suitability check(s) (citizenship, credit record checks, security clearance, security vetting, qualification verification and employment verification).
SANAC reserves the right at any time to withdraw or alter this advertised position.
- Job City Pretoria