Head of Innovation for Strategy Goals
The role holder will be required to oversee the identification and development of innovative approaches across the 4 Strategic Goals and manage the piloting and scaling of approaches as they pass the relevant stage gates. The role holder will be responsible for master budgeting, on-boarding of new countries, creation of communities of practice, and monitoring of spending and results. With solid operational experience at country level, s/he will need to be flexible, creative and able to troubleshoot challenges promptly and effectively. They will need to be organised, entrepreneurial and passionate about working with countries and global teams to develop, test and scale new types of programming.
In order to be successful, you will bring/have:
- 8+ years of experience working in operational roles at country office level.
- Entrepreneurial attitude with an ability to turn abstract ideas into tangible projects.
- Confidence in convening a wide range of stakeholders from across the movement.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation, steering and coaching.
- High levels of organisation; an ability to juggle different priorities.
- Solid experience in management of finance and budget monitoring and risk management.
- Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy-in.
- Experience in fundraising, including pitching, proposal development and donor scoping.
- Experience working on innovative programming in development and humanitarian contexts
- Positive “can do” attitude!
- Commitment to Save the Children values.
- Experience delivering multi-office initiatives.
- Previous experience with similar focus on innovation.
Contract duration: 3 years
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
- Job City Kenya